Spieth Wins John Deere Classic!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by NBHorn7, Jul 14, 2013.

1. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Former Longhorn Jordan Spieth becomes the first teenager at 19 to win a PGA event since 1931 with a par on the fifth playoff hole against defending champion Zach Johnson and Canadian David Hearn.

Spieth holed out from the bunker on the 18th hole of regulation play while Johnson bogied the same hole to create the playoff.

Jordan will now become a full member of the PGA and be credited with all of the Fed Ex Playoff points he has earned this season and will be in the Fed Ex playoffs.

Also Jordan will be boarding a charter flight that is waiting for players who are eligible for the British Open next week in Scotland and will play in the Masters next year.

This kid looks like a big time player that can challenge for years to come and is making a statement to become a member of next year's Ryder Cup team which is in need of new blood to bring back the Cup!

Congratulations Jordan for making all Longhorns proud today and earning your first win. [​IMG]

2. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

4. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

What a final day he had! Catch the highlights if you can. Hook 'em Jordan!!! You made history! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The Link

The Highlights.

The Link

Jordan's presser.

The Link

Plane ride to Scotland.

The Link

Also current UT golfer Beau Hossler continues to impress by winning the Southern California Amateur Championship!

6. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

My wife and I went to the second round and followed him most of the day. Very impressive watching him, seems older than his 19 years. Pretty sure he noticed my Longhorn shirt. [​IMG]