Stephen A. Smith

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Tyler Durden, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

You're probably wondering why there is a post on the West Mall titled "Stephen A. Smith." I'm trying to figure out why they invited that idiot on MSNBC to talk about the presidential election. I'm sure it has something to do with Obama's race but surely they could have found a better person.

2. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, I just watched that train wreck. Awesome comedy. He believes that Huckabee could carry NY in a general election. Everyone laughed at him.

3. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

4. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

maybe huckabee could help the knicks

5. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

just thinking of that asshat talking politics makes me laugh

6. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

Our educational system is just an atrocity! The Secretary of Education has got to go! I mean, come on! Kids don’t even know the Fifty-Nifty United Stated States song anymore! And frankly speaking, they don’t even know who the Vice-President is neither! And while I’m at it, we need to keep kids…from having kids, thank you very much! That’s right! We need to educate our daughters--and sons too mind you…but that’s for another discussion which we don’t have the time for right now. But I just needed to get that off my chest because it needed to be shared! Cheetos!

7. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

I was hoping there would be a thread about this.

What the hell was that? He made no sense and was obviously invited to talk on behalf of Barack.

I was taken aback by him trying to sound smart by using his vocabulary. There was even a time when he said a generic word and stopped, went back, and replaced the word with a bigger vocabulary word.

Hope that made sense, wish I could remember the exact statement.

What a joke.

8. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

He just represents everything that's wrong with ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, etc.--the "entertainmentization" of sports and politics and the bizarre thinking that some guy yelling into a camera constitutes entertainment. And nobody yells at a camera with more vigor than Stephen A Smith.

9. Horneius_Maximus

Horneius_Maximus 250+ Posts

Did he Yell?

10. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

It's not so much a yell as an angry tone and aggresiveness.

He did talk over some political pundits, yelling "I can answer that!" Then said that Barack losing had to do with him being Black and Americans being scared to vote for a black man as president.

One of the pundits yelled back, saying that he had NO evidence to support that statement.
    Which I agree he does not and it seemed a little far fetched.
    If that were the case then the same thing could be true for Americans not wanting to vote for Hillary because she is a women.

11. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

So Obama won and came in a close second in two of the whitest states in American because white people are afraid to vote for a black man? That makes some real sense.

12. ShadowNinja

ShadowNinja 100+ Posts

Screamin' A. Smith is an asshat clown [​IMG]

13. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

14. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

15. PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS 100+ Posts

16. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

Colin Powell could have hands down been the 1st black president. I wish he would have run.

17. babysdaddy

babysdaddy 100+ Posts

18. Chooky

Chooky 100+ Posts

19. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

It's hard to believe but they invited Stephen A. back again on MSNBC. He's on Chris Mathews show at the moment. You would have thought having that guy on once would be enough.