Strong/Traylor Met With Cumbie

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Godz40acres, Dec 7, 2015.

1. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I find the situation to be...odd. Cumbie had to know what he was getting into, and he had to know what was likely to be offered. Additionally, everyone at TCU knew of the situation as well. Heck, this has been on the table everywhere for a week or more.

My point is that either Cumbie was never that serous about the opportunity, he got cold feet (or his wife did), or perhaps there was something about the situation at Texas -- or with Strong -- that concerned him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Where's Waldo finally ends

3. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

A very reliable source stated that Cumbie decided not to take the UT job after reading the posts on hornfans.

• Like Like x 10
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Should I apologize to Crockett?

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

He's probably one of the posters you guys have been insulting all week. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Nah. I'm in a good mood. I'm happy with Gilbert and when I'm not rooting for Texas, I like rooting for TCU. Purple is a nice color.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I'm Sonny Cumbie.

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Then you suck and you'll always suck and you can't coach and screw you man!!! (Unless you change your mind?)

• Like Like x 2
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

That should have had a warning not to be taking a sip of any sort of a beverage...do you have any idea how much heritage DrPepper burns when snorted back out through the nose?

Yes...seriously!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Small point -- but Higs is adamant that the Gilbert interview was scheduled before Cumbie made a decision.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nahlin on Cumbie

"I'll let JS hash out the drama, but real quickly, Strong was left to negotiate some things that weren't nearly as cut and dried (or approved) as people think. WTF is Mack Brown drawing a pay check for? He's in NYC, that's good enough. Send Deloss. This is the most important week of the offseason (unrelated to Spring football) and Perrin's in NYC? What's more important to the University? Further, Strong could be in Michigan midweek while still trying to get the OC situation handled but Perrin can't do both? It's utterly comical to me.

But, Strong's the easy mark right now and Perrin's untouchable. Both f'd up the Cumbie deal."

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This was posted earlier, just gonna bump it to shed light on today

• Like Like x 1