Stupid cop is an expert on racial profiling

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 911_horn, Jul 23, 2009.

1. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

2. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

A police officer who taught a racial profiling class can't act stupidly?

What the hell do we need another thread on this for?

3. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

groverat,
    because perhaps, and just perhaps it is the president who is acting stupidly and not this police officer.

It could be both of them are acting stupidly too thought.

4. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

In what way is the president acting stupidly? He didn't arrest anyone unjustly, he just called the unjust arrest of an innocent citizen "stupid". If anything, he used too mild a word for it. Maybe "cowardly" would have been more fitting.

5. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

"In what way is the President acting stupidly?"

lol.

How about starting by asking the Congress to pass a massive health care reform bill in less than 2 weeks...? Just to start with?

6. Nordberg

Nordberg 1,000+ Posts

Way to stay on subject.

7. johnnyhorn

johnnyhorn 250+ Posts

8. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Now that Obama presumably knows all the facts, he hasn't changed his mind:

9. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

10. okusooner

okusooner 100+ Posts

goverat will defend obama no matter what stupid thing he does.

11. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"Man the jokes just write themselves with this potus.

Racial profiling expert who acts stupidly"

I assume you're insinuating his training would prevent him from doing something so monumentally stupid?

Like William Hale, former executive director of the Texas Commission on Human Rights (equivalent to EEOC) admitting to sexually harassing a state employee?

They both know better.

12. Horns_House

Horns_House 100+ Posts

how does the fact that his actions may not have been racially motivated make them any less stupid?

13. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

Yea, I don't think anyone accused him of being a racist. Just made a stupid decision. It's not that insulting. Everyone acts stupidly from time to time.

14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

15. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

16. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

17. BrothaHorn

BrothaHorn 1,000+ Posts

I may be an *******, but I hope the cop doesn't apologize..

18. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

19. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

3 things to offer here:

1.) I would be very thankful that the cops came and questioned me about breaking into my own house, I would be very thankful and cooperative.

2.) I don't care what color or race or gender you are, you disrespect a cop for doing his job and you risk going to jail. Even if you are 100% right, respect the badge and job that they do and they will respect you in kind.

3.) I bet the guy does not mouth off to cops anymore, I have a feeling he will be more respectful of the job that they do.

Just to let you know, I know number 1 and 2 from personal experience. This has taught me number 3. Going on about 6 years of bar free existence......knocking on wood.

20. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

3.) I bet the guy does not mouth off to cops anymore, I have a feeling he will be more respectful of the job that they do.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think this will happen

21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Before this president calls anybody stupid, he need to look in the mirror. There he will find a very stupid person.

22. majorwhiteapples

If he doesn't then he needs to do a ride along with a cop and understand what it is that a cop does shift in and shift out, even in Cambridge MA.

If he does not learn from this incident it shows his true ignorance. It will be a shame that this guy is an educator at a place of higher learning.

23. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

24. majorwhiteapples

I think the cop should arrest anybody being unruly and out of control, especially when the cop was protecting the guys property I would have arrested him 10/10 times. I would expect to be arrested 10/10 times, and in actuality, I am 2/2 when being unruly and a smart *** to the cop. One of them was a women and another was a white cop. The few other times that I have been respectful, apologetic and understanding to black, white and latin police I was allowed to go on my way.

There are good and bad cops, but your attitude and situation does not determine if it is a good cop or bad cop.

Everybody thinks they are doing no wrong, the problem is that not all of society is good and bad, there is a ton of gray area and cops have to deal with it day in and day out.

This was a gray area.

I could care less what the president said, he was setup by the Chicago Tribune Reporter who phrased her question in such a way that there was no Win situation for the President. What was that question even doing in that presser? I think it is funnier than anything else how he qualified his opinion and now is trying to please both sides.

25. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

Gates was being neither unruly nor out of control. There was no reason to arrest him, which is why he was immediately released and no charges were pressed.

26. roquentin

roquentin 100+ Posts

obama didnt call the cop stupid like your title says. he said that the cop acted stupidly. only someone with the perspective of forrest gump would think that one stupid act makes someone stupid. the only truly stupid person is someone who is beholden to authority and unquestionably follows hte morality, laws, or rules of the day.

27. LonghornGeekGuy

LonghornGeekGuy 25+ Posts

Gates acted stupidly, the cop acted stupidly and Obama acted stupidly for calling the cop's actions stupid.

Of the three, I find the cop's actions the most indefensible and disturbing.

28. Dead Horse

Dead Horse 250+ Posts

29. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

I'll say it again, Gates should have provided his ID IMMEDIATELY and graciously thanked the cop for investigating a possible break-in. Gates is an ingrate and turned what is generally a routine situation into what happened.

A few years ago, My alarm was accidently set off and subsequently a cop showed up at my front door. I had to present my driver's license. End of story. In fact, I apologized to HIM for the inconvience that I had caused.

Gates is an ingrate with a huge chip on his shoulder. I think that maybe he needs some sensivity training himself IN ADDITION to anger management control. Not only should he have thanked the officer FOR DOING HIS JOB, but he should send flowers to his thoughtful neighbor for calling the police in the first place. I think that it's great that his neighbor was looking out for him.

30. HornsInTheHouse

HornsInTheHouse 500+ Posts

A man's house is his castle. When you're in your castle you have a lot more leeway on how you can treat people, legally, so long as you're not threatening them or being violent. Gates was in his own home and had broken no laws. The police officer really has no grounds for arresting him unless he was threatening the officer, which to my knowledge he was not. The officer should have just left since he had no business being in the house at that point.

I'm surprised the neighbor didn't even recognize him.