Swimming holes around town that aren't dry?

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by EllCee, May 19, 2009.

1. EllCee

EllCee 100+ Posts

I've got a bunch of friends coming into town for Memorial Day weekend. We're going to tube one of the days, but I'm trying to figure out another spot to take them during the other day. The greenbelt is completely dried up, the lake is way down (and we don't want to screw with renting a boat on a holiday weekend), etc.

Just looking for some place where you can drink beer (rules out the obvious Barton Springs choice) and preferably with a decent younger crowd... that isn't dry due to lack of rain. I'm drawing blanks here. A friend suggested Hamilton Pool but that's more of a family atmosphere, and I'm not even sure it will have water.

Any suggestions?

2. WarDamnBears

WarDamnBears < 25 Posts

I can't help, but hopefully some Saturday rain finally brought things up a little bit.

3. Puffer

Puffer 250+ Posts

if they are from out of town take them to barton springs. on this holiday weekend, any public place by the water is going to be family atmosphere.

mansfield dam
    emma long park
    mule shoe bend
    pace bend

4. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

What about McKinney Falls? Decker Lake? San Gabriel River?

5. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

McKinney Falls would just be naaasty.
    There's always San Marcos.

6. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

What about Krause Springs? Is that low?

7. GakFoo

GakFoo 500+ Posts

8. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

FYI, there is some decent water at Barton Creek if you use the Camp Craft entrance, and walk down the hill. saw some younguns just chillin and drinkin on tuesday afternoon. Lucky ********.