TCU-La Tech

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Rex Kramer, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Lou Holtz is awful. No further comment.

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. Lou take over at Texas when Mack retires. He just looks and sounds like a Texan. A great football mind and he's also a superb evaluator of QB talent.

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

TCU is also looking lost. Mistakes...mistakes.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

5. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I don't recognize this TCU team. [​IMG] Then again, I don't recognize this LaTech team either. Crazy thing... college football [​IMG]

6. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Not even sure whom I am pulling for.

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I am rooting for an errant ball to smack Holtz in the mouth rendering him silent for quite some time.

8. No le hace

No le hace 500+ Posts

I thought getting rid of that dip stick from smu was going to make this a very merry Christmas. Then ESPN decides to give Dr Mushmouth more air time. GAWD!!!! [​IMG]

9. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

TCU found out what life was like going from the hunter to the hunted. No interest in the game in most of the first half, still tied the game at the end of the half.

TCU with far better athletes than La. Tech, turns it on when it counts, reminds me of a Texas team in some other years.

Give me TCU's QB and either our 3 RBs healthy, or TCU's three RBs, and we win 10, maybe 11 games.

109 wins in 10 years, that sounds somewhat familiar, can't believe how good Patterson's record is.

If TCU can pull this performance together on an off night, then I am thinking they should probably win 9-10 games next year.

And once again, we've seen the value of a legit dual-threat QB. Shoot maybe even triple threat, I saw him block on a play on the 5 yard line, he was doing some real good stuff there.

But seriously, in crunch time, very end, the QB runs around end and lowers his 6 five frame to punish the tackler for the last first down to end the game.

10. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

TCU looked like they didn't want to be there for most of the game, but outgained La Tech 160-2 after La Tech went up 24-17.

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The TCU radio guys claimed to have been told that La Tech's ex-TCU coaches were stealing TCU's signals which accounted for La Tech playing above their level in life.

12. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

I can't believe ESPN blew it again? 109 wins in 10 years, no way, it's more like 103 wins, at least when I added it up.

They repeated the same stat several times, I guarantee you I heard it correctly, 109 wins in 10 years.

13. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I tried to watch this game, but couldn't get past the first half. TCU clearly seemed disinterested, and La Tech the opposite.
    I suppose the Frogs eventually woke up and made a run at the end.
    What is notable is that TCU now is disappointed in finding themselves in a non-BCS bowl game. They have come a long way over the years. They actually are an upgrade over A&M in the Big XII in football.

14. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I wondered where all of my marbles went.

15. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

Playing in the MWC and WAC for the past 10 years, it isn't THAT hard to avg 10 wins a yr.

16. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

17. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

interesting comparison, TCU to Va. Tech. I think the difference is Va. Tech is the big dog in the state, and TCU is small potatoes, until the conferences started shifting, I would rank TCU behind Texas, Aggy, and Tech in terms of fan appeal, and recruiting ability.

Because TCU was a "little dog', they were getting mostly 2 star and occasional 3 star recruits. Now that TCU is in a big conference, coming off of a BCS win, they've got at least one four star on the roster, and will now be on the same playing field as the big boys.- Recruiting playing field will be mostly wide open-TCU should now be #2 behind us in Texas.

if TCU is to be compared to Va. Tech, let's see how Va. Tech performs with better recruits in their BCS bowl. Remember TCU won their BCS bowl last year, with 2 and 3 star recruits. I believe Va. Tech will lose their bowl, by a small margin, and nobody will notice.

My conclusion is that Patterson is a better coach than we know. He's a defensive guy, he runs the D, and the other night is a great example of how he knew it would be "one of those games", he knew his team would have a tough time getting motivated, and he made them accountable.

My hope is that the recruiting order will go something like this:

1.Texas
    2.TCU
    3. Tech
    4. OU
    5. Baylor
    6. SMU
    7. UNT
    8. TXstate
    9. UTEP
    10. UTSA
    11. Aggy

[​IMG]

okay, I'm dreaming about Aggy being last choice, but, the interesting thing is both UTSA and TXState will be D-1. Other thing is Tech, if Leach was still at Tech, I could honestly see Tech stealing recruits from OU. right now tech needs a coach. They might go to the bottom of the new BIG12. How long will Mr. T last?

18. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I was really surprised that Louisiana Tech played so well and had a good chance for a win. Even if you steal signals you have to execute and why didn't TCU suspect a former coach might know their signals and prepare a changeup even though that all sounds like a bunch of balony?