TCU

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by nashhorn, Sep 23, 2019.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Trying to think ahead here: can some of you veteran travelers tell me visitor side at TCU stadium? From looking at replay of SMU game (go Shane) I think Stub Hub has it wrong in their lay out but I could be wrong - they could have seating correct and field labels wrong. Tickets are high $. More than Rice, which I thought was high.

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

First of all, I went to Rice Ticket Office and paid $40 for 50 yard line seats.

Unless they changed this year, the east side of Amon Carter has always been divided in half - 50% is visitors & 50% is TCU students. Occasionally, like when Texas comes to town, the upper deck on the West side is sold to visitors,. While the new Amon Carter is improved. you can still watch the game between your knees.

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

$40??? Darn, that might be worth a trip to the Stockyards! Are they upper deck?
    Thanks for info, not sure what you mean by “between the knees” unless you’re in a recliner?

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh wait, you said Rice!! I went to the Stadium too - Texans - and at least saved the fee but they were still high. If you weren’t in upper deck I’m pissed.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Front row of 500s, which for me is the best seat in the house for football. I actually enjoy that more than the broadcast booth. I bought them at Autry Court ticket office at Rice. Reliant wanted $100+

Amon Carter upper deck is so steep, you feel like you watch the game between your boots when you are standing.

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow! Now that is steep.
    I’m actually like you in preferring to be high but wife will have none of it. Past the 200’s and she’s not happy.

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

After the first couple of times, I have always sat high on the east side at Amon Carter. Pretty good view from around row 40 or so.

8. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

My dad always said it felt like you were sitting on the shoulders of the person in front of you. He wasn’t wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Baseballgawd

Baseballgawd 25+ Posts

Both sides upper decks were torn down and replaced. In fact, if the game is b4 1430, you better be at the top of the east side under the new club seats and suites or else you are in the sun.