Tebow Sets Rushing TD Record

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by MarylandHorn, Oct 31, 2009.

1. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

Broke Hershel Walker's record set in only 3 years of play. Wow, this is a huge deal, all over ESPN and CBS! Oh wait, what they forgot to tell us all was this is an SEC only record. He's not even in the top 15 all time for NCAA. And he needs another 22 to break Ricky Williams record of 72, 1 behind the 73 Travis Prentice of Miami (Ohio)...

Call me unimpressed by the hype machine.

2. UTRanger 2/75

UTRanger 2/75 100+ Posts

I really used to like Tebow but the media has ruined it for me. Im so tired of hearing about him I hope he is a gracious loser come January!

3. longtex

longtex Guest

The greatest quarterback of all time. It's just a tragedy that the Heisman was stolen from him last year.

4. mstrat

mstrat 250+ Posts

When Colt becomes the WINNINGEST college QB of all-time, I want to see this same hype.

thanks.

5. X-Ray_Horn

X-Ray_Horn 250+ Posts

I love the frequent video clips of him high-fiving fans while entering the stadium (while sporting a jaunty vest) and when he tries to kiss Urban Meyer and Riley Cooper thru his facemask.

6. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

Greatest quarterback of all time at calling his own number inside the 5.

7. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Shows what you know. SEC is on a whole other plane above the regular NCAA. See as far as competition, SEC is here:

God vs. Ditka
    SEC
    NCAA
    Powder Puff

8. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

i know, i mean seriously, has there ever been a more over hyped conference record to be broken ever?!!! I feel like i have been aware of this pending record to be broken by Tebow since game 1 this season.

Trying to not look though burnt oranged color glasses, but wouldn't Colt's chance to break the NCAA record for wins by a starting quarterback be more noteworthy?

9. Squall

Squall 500+ Posts

yet you guys are watching it.

lol

i didn't even watch the CBS game this week [​IMG]

10. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

Like was mentioned, Herschel only played 3 years to Tebow's 4. Tebow may have the SEC record, but he's definitely no Herschel Walker. That guy, Earl and Barry Sanders are easily the best college backs I've ever seen. They're in a whole 'nother class.

11. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

12. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

13. rsmith35

rsmith35 < 25 Posts

Earlier today, John Saunders said, "Herschel Walker did it in 3 years, and this record doesn't count Walker's 5 bowl game TDs [Tebow's do count], but it's just as impressive."

Actually, no, for exactly the reasons you just mentioned.