Tech crying foul!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Gladius&Pilum, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Gladius&Pilum

Gladius&Pilum 100+ Posts

Not sure admitting your team is so pathetic it can't sell season tickets in the most entertainment blighted city in America is a winning argument.

Texas Tech officials press UT on future of non-conference schedule

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I thought CDC had agreed to play Tech every year for the next ten years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i thought we were the ones who played slighted butthurt. No?

4. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I lived in Lubbock for a few years and describing it as entertainment blighted is a stretch. I moved there from Austin and found that it had more good garage bands than Austin-----it seemed like there was a party going on every block or so. In Austin I had to pay through the nose for entertainment and in Lubbock it was mostly free.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Imagine that, unless Texas, OU or Aggy are coming to town they can't sell tickets. There's a reason they throw tortillas.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

All of our opponents sell more tickets if we are coming to town because we are who they hate most. They all seem to think we are arrogant or something.

We are Texas.
    Remember?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

I remember Baylor passing on televising a game with us “Because if we televised the game, no one would come to the game.” I remember taking older son to the game in that crappy stadium. We bought 2 tickets outside the stadium for $10.00. More Texas fans in the stadium that day than Baylor fans.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Tceh is prematurely whining.
    CDC has ruled Nothing out
    But as he has explained over and over he has ro see how SEC scheduling will be.
    Jeezus tceh whining to Abbott is pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

This is really pathetic. Hocutt can take his BS and walk. He's a whiny little bi*#h, and it shows. No one can do any deals right now because no one really knows how scheduling is going to work, and when the transition will even happen. But lets face it - one of the benefits of getting out of the Big12 is getting rid of some of the annoying trash along the way. We're going to be adding Aggie and Piggy, and we all remember how bad their fans were. Why should we want to hang on to Sand Aggie too? The way Hocutt, Tech Alums and students have acted about the whole Chris Beard deal just changed everyone's appetite for dealing with this sh**hole program any longer. If this one-sided "rivalry" was so important to Tech and its sorry *** fans, then they should have controlled themselves and acted like adults rather than trying to do "rational" things like dryhump our team bus. After we leave, Del Conte needs to ignore all of their phone calls. They can find another opponent that they supposedly really depend on financially, but constantly belittle and disrespect.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

We are moving to the SEC. That means a late non-conference game against Concordia.

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. everette

everette 250+ Posts

We should also consider whether or not they're going to try to shaft us on the way out!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Tceh is ALWAYS crying about something.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

ever
    You know the Big 12 will, both us and ou
    IF they can

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Or The Citadel, William & Mary or Prairie View A&M o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

...or whatever HS JV is available in our timeslot.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I thought that TTU was saying that but there was never a statement by us verifying that was true.

TTU is not our rival. A rivalry takes two sides like Texas OU.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  17. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I think this is subtle, or maybe not so subtle, pressure on tech to help UT's exit sooner rather than later. I do expect a long term OOC game with Tech once Texas heads to the SEC.

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Southwestern. The road trip would be manageable for most of their fans.

19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Speaking of OCC matchups, TCU home opener Sat. is with mighty Tarleton State o_O

20. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Tech is likely to be a conference contender in the future. We will be right ahead or behind the Aggies in the West of the S??t Eating Conference

21. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think A&M has in-state exclusivity clauses with those guys. :D

• Like Like x 1