Ted Kennedy apparently has passed

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn-N-LA, Aug 26, 2009.

1. BOSS

BOSS 100+ Posts

I'm 99% sure 14bevo is more liberal than horn4life.

2. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

gecko, I think the Dems are going too try and punch it through via reconciliation, I believe that is what it is called, which only requires 51 votes.

Although maybe without 60 votes the cloture vote to overtake the fillibuster won't be there unless the douche RINOS from the NE (Collins, etc) take more bribes for their constituents to go over to the Dem side.

In my opinion, I despised Ted Kennedy for the way he acted, the way he spoke, the disingenousness he continuously displayed. But I do wish him an honest 'RIP' in death.

Death is an equalizer for all of us on both sides of the aisle and in between. It causes grief to families and friends. Cancer specifically is a friend to nobody. Hopefully his people will be comforted that his pain he was certainly feeling over the past months is over.

RIP Ted.

3. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

Well said Zork.

4. Nordberg

Nordberg 1,000+ Posts

I hear that Teddy loved putting a space between the last word of his sentences and the appropriate punctuation mark.

5. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Sometimes it is indeed more noble not to say anything at all, or to take the circuitous route to avoid the negative things in life, but I am compelled to offer some simple, yet sage advice.

One of the last things my son said to me before he passed away last summer was two simple, yet profound words - don't hate. Since that time I have tried to live by them in every thing that I do. He never hated anyone in his life, nor did anyone hate him and I can honestly say that I hate no one, or no thing in mine.

The only person that hate hurts is the hater. Most of the time the object of hate isn't even aware of it and nobody except the hater really cares.

6. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

zork - I must need to dust up on my senate procedures....I thought a filibuster could prevent a piece of legislation from being brought to a vote. I was of the impression a filibuster would trump reconciliation.

7. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

Well, I've met Ted Kennedy........ [​IMG]

Naw, don't hate him....just didn't like him at all.

8. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

9. allwhetherHorn

allwhetherHorn 250+ Posts

He named his dog Splash?!?! WTF!

Yes, I know it was a Portugese Water Dog, but he should have stayed away from any water symbolism.

That was the final straw for me. Good riddance.

10. Orangeblood90

Orangeblood90 250+ Posts

Better off Ted!

11. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

12. FattyMac

FattyMac 100+ Posts

13. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

14. Dead Horse

Dead Horse 250+ Posts

15. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts

16. Heretic Horn

Heretic Horn 250+ Posts

17. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Well-said, Heritic (and Deadhorse). I usually give the dying man a pass, but those of us old enough to remember the Mary Jo incident, it is very hard to forget. I understand Mr. Kennedy spent a lot of time in church. I hope he asked for forgiveness many times over. He is probably having to deal with this with his Maker at this very moment. I pray he eventually finds peace in heaven.

18. Nordberg

Nordberg 1,000+ Posts

19. Nordberg

Nordberg 1,000+ Posts

How about we just call you a scumbag loser anyway?

20. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

21. Dead Horse

Dead Horse 250+ Posts

Look, I am not old enough to remember the Mary Jo incident or even when the Kennedy's ruled the political world. I was a Government major and I studied the Kennedy's extensively in undergrad.

I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Like most Americans I am in the middle but as a self employed person I tend to vote where my wallet is going to get hit the least.

That being said, I cannot for the life of me imagine why the people of Massachusetts have had this ongoing love affair with this family. I am not happy that the man passed and I feel for his family. However, I am not going to throw a parade for the guy and I can't believe that those people refuse to call a spade a spade.

It's hilarious to me that people are protesting outside the Philadelphia Eagles stadium for a man who served 2 years of his life in prison for crimes he committed and lost almost every penny he had as a result of those crimes. He paid dearly and is trying to rebuild his life and get back to work.

Meanwhile Ted Kennedy, who spent the majority of his life skirting the system with family power and didn't have to even leave office after killing someone in a car accident, is getting a freaking parade and lying in state?

• Like Like x 1
  22. allwhetherHorn

allwhetherHorn 250+ Posts

23. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Very well-said, Deadhorse. I am curious - does anyone know of any other Senator whose death warranted the President to order all flags at half mast? My guess is it wasn't done for Jesse Helms, and he was there for 30 years.......

24. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

25. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

Actually Mary Jo's sad death has one silver lining---it kept Ted from becoming President!

26. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

27. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

I'm flying the flag half mast on my post in honor of the late great Ted Kennedy.

[​IMG]

RIP Senator. Thank you for your contribution to our great nation.

28. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

29. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

30. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Let us never forget what Ted did to Mary Jo and how our disgraceful media helped him get away with it:

Speaking Ill of the Ted

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1