Tennessee vs Texas 12/13/20

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Dec 11, 2020.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yet another series continues that has displayed some of the best to ever play the game. My favorite moment is Clarissa Davis lighting up the newly-opened Thompson Boling arena with 45 points in the 1987-88 season.

A TEXAS WALTZ IN TENNESSEE

Lady Vols Home Page:
    Women's Basketball

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

After watching Tennessee play against west Virginia I will say that our key players this game are Joanne, Collier, and Gaston. They all should have big games. Tennessee does not do a very good job in help side defense & they often times get lost so if they were to double Collier which I think they will do, it will lead to many wide open layups under the basket.

As for Joanne she can really slice through this defense & dish downlow. The high-low between Warren with either Gaston or Collier will be very very effective.

I like our chances in this matchup only because it will be a defensive game & although they have long guards we can really attack the basket & force them into uncomfortable situations.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I think it's going to be a tough game for Texas without Ashley.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Vic and Kyra media availability before Sunday’s game...some really good stuff about the effects of the pandemic that I hadn’t thought of (no locker room?).

• Like Like x 1
  5. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Going to be a massive test. Much bigger than aggie all across the starting 5 and reserves. Guess we'll see how Charli handles round 2 of multiple bigs leaning on her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jacob Johnson

No game today due to contact tracing coming from our side:brickwall:

They said it's "postponed" but we all know it's not going to be made up this season.

7. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

The men's game @ bailor has been postponed as well.

8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Waited 2 hours before tipoff to announce it. They could've done that yesterday or even sooner. Feel for Tennessee to have travel that far for nothing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I’d be pissed if I were Tennessee.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Jacob Johnson

Anyone know how long they have to stay isolated due to contact tracing? We are scheduled to play kansas on Thursday so it can't be that long. If everyone comes back negative on Monday & Tuesday then there is no point in having Tennessee leave. They should just play Tuesday since Tennessee does not have another game until next Sunday.

11. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

They are saying tracing but my guess is Texas has a positive somewhere based on cancelling less than 2 hours before tipoff. Tracing measures would have already been done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Jacob Johnson

That's also what I was thinking. I guess we will see Thursday if that game happens & we see a player missing. It could also be from a staff member as well.

13. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

If we have a positive test ,then it will be awhile, as it likely won’t be the last positive. If it is truly contact tracing then it is a 2 week quarantine.

14. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Kansas just cancelled their game for Monday due to COVID and injury concerns. On a scale on 1-10 that we still have a game Thursday, I would give it a 0.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

When I first heard of the football game cancellation, I wondered if and when something like this would happen to our program. Hoping when all is said and done that everyone involved has remained healthy.
    :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Jacob Johnson

It's surprising to me that Texas begins to have Covid problems when students are not on campus. This entire fall Texas has not had much issues if any at all and now it seems we can't escape. From football to now womens basketball.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Someone said a while back that the kids are safer on campus where they can be monitored.

• Like Like x 3
  18. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

This is a nightmare. I can only rewatch the Idaho game so many times.

I am so over 2020.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I'm fearful of not having much of a season. There are just too many games being postponed and/or cancelled.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

How do you know that? What if the positive cases just came back Sunday. Also, Tennessee's athletic program is rampant with COVID. Rick Barnes tested positive. So it could be both Texas and Tennessee had issues.

21. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

It's logical actually. One of the biggest fears for Texas and all universities what what happens when students go home for the holidays. It's why most schools don't have students returning after Thanksgiving. Easier to control the athletes when they're in their dorms etc. then when they're on their own. I'm wondering if the basketball season needs to be postponed a couple of months until vaccines are more widely distributed vs. this stop/start schedule.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Except WBB did not go home for the Thanksgiving Holiday...FYI.....

23. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

It was actually Texas who posted on social media they had the issue, not Tennessee.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Jacob Johnson

Which is why it's surprising because none of our athletes playing right now have went home. So the only explanation I have is that some are getting a bit restless. With no students on campus besides athletes we should have little to no problems with Covid. I do think there might be a postponement in play & now that they are hosting the entire tournament in San Antonio I think it would be best just to go into conference play and do the double round robin schedule that volleyball did this fall only because the vaccine distribution will take a while to be available to the "regular citizen"

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

They said it was contact tracing issues on Texas' part. And WTH does the mens coach testing positive have to do with anything?

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

The vaccine doesn't prevent anyone from spreading it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Considering the football team got hit first I'm going to blame them. They realized that weren't really playing for anything anymore this season, discipline on protocols probably lapsed and then contact tracing hit the MBB/WBB teams. That scenario fits my disappointment level with Longhorn football so I am embracing it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It is what it is. I'm sure the players and coaches are much more disappointed than us fans. But, safety first. Timing wasn't ideal, but these type of situations are happening across the country.

• Agree Agree x 4
  29. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

OK, if it is correct that the Tennessee cancellation was due to "contact tracing" on the Texas side which someone above said requires a 2 week quarantine, how are we scheduling games less than a week after? Is the whole team and staff to be quarantined or just the person/s identified as the contact in the tracing?

30. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

You aren't quarantining 2 weeks from the date of the positive test and confirmed Covid case, you are quarantining 2 weeks from the date of last exposure. The likely scenario is the person they had contact with tested positive Sunday but the exposure to half our team occurred over a week before the positive test.

• Like Like x 1