Texags

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by mchammer, Nov 23, 2018.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Went over to that aggie site of grievance and resentment to see what they are discussing before this weekend’s games. For one, multiple threads on VY/Colt hate. What pathetic delusional ********. Their response to that FW article on Jimbo: TCU sucks (non-sequitor). Also, way too invested in Jimbo. I get that he has momentum on the recruiting trail (so did Sumlin), but I don’t think things will go well if the 8-4 and 7-5 seasons continue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They had 2 or 3 game threads going for Texas at Kansas.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

When A&M left the Big 12 for the SEC, I naively assumed that they would let go of the UT obsession and find some team over there (most likely LSU) to be the new focus of their obsession and cult-like traditions. I guess no one in the SEC wants to play that game (and who can blame them?). Or maybe they just ... can't ... let ... go ...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Aggy is busy getting ready to cheer for whichever SEC team is in playoff, its what they do best, live vicariously through their conference mates while they underachieve year in and year out. They get to pay through nose for it too at 17.5 million for this years mediocrity (10m for Sumlin and 7.5m for Jimbo).

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

How many posts combined? More or less than the 971 on the "Aggy" thread that's been on page 1 here for 4 days short of a year?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger group of cucks than aggy. The way they're throwing money around, though, I'm expecting them to achieve a modicum of success and then end up on probation within 5 years. That's also who they are.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Giovanni Jones

Good grief, there's about 6 threads at the top of Old Rivalries that are about us. We're living rent-free in their heads, for sure, and it's not an efficiency apartment, either. More like the luxury suite (with complimentary access to the pool & health club).

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

And might I add was started by a poster who cursed so much was banned from Hornfans or left I'm not sure....think it's amusing that his thread continues on even after his "demise"....

9. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I thought the same since that poster was an absolute train wreck more suited to shaggy or texags. Wonder why that thread continues.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Agree, but I did get a custom title out of the deal :thumbup:

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. horninchicago

Yessir you did!
    :hookem2:

12. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Last time aggy was in a Champ game ... wait for it ... 1998

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Giovanni Jones

Ah yes, 1998. That was the year that Ricky Williams set a new collegiate rushing record, which occurred during a touchdown ramble against the Ags. Ruined their day.

• Hot Hot x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

We are dinging Aggies for being fixated on Texas when we have a thread on this page entitled "Aggy" with 971 replies and more than 78,000 views??

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 2
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

That was created over a year ago.

16. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

And apparently still has legs. Kind of my point. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Right but 900 over the span of a year is only 3 per day. If it were 900 posts made over just a week or two, then we'd have an issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

If you want to deny that we are concerned about A%M okay, but I have seen too many threads over many years on this board, even after they left for the SEC, for me to conclude they are the only ones who have a fixation. By the way, I quickly scrolled through the most recent 50 pages of posts to this forum, and only one other thread comes anywhere near 78,000 views (and even that one has about 10,000 fewer views). None of the rest of the threads on those 50 pages has anywhere near 78,000.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  19. horninchicago

I look it at as a way of making fun of them for taking their ball and running off to the SEC!SEC!SEC! like the titty babies they are. Like posting the annual aggie roller coaster.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  20. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

You're 100% correct. Not that it matters.

21. Giovanni Jones

I think the difference is that our fixation is for entertainment purposes only. Whereas they seem to take their fixation very seriously. :smile1:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

If that rationalization makes you feel better, okay. ;)

23. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

For the year or so that the thread has been around, I've always thought of it as a receptacle - or a trashcan if you will - for all the humorous garbage and head-scratching crap those collieville clods say and do, shared with us for entertainment value by my Hornfans brothers and sisters.

It's not an obsession. It's "good bull."

:hookem:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

"It's not an obsession. It's "good bull.""

Which is exactly how many Aggies would describe the posts about us on their Board. ;)

25. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Exactly. I guess irony is lost on some people....

26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Because the views on other topics get spread over a dozen different threads instead of clumped into one thread.

27. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

That argument might have some weight if that were the only thread devoted to the Aggies in those 50 pages. But there are many Aggie threads there in addition to that one.

28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

That's not relevant - if we break that one thread into 12 separate threads that only get started once a month, then the problem disappears. If any other topic that was discussed in 12+ threads over the past year had 12 different posts combined into one huge one, suddenly that topic would appear the same way as the A&M thread. I don't see why the distribution of posts over the various threads matters so much.

Do we still talk about A&M? Yes. Do we still make fun of A&M? Yes. Do I think it's bad that we still do those? No. Do we talk about them to the same degree they talk about us? No.

29. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Well, if you do not think the number of threads devoted to the Aggies or the amount of views or replies to any of those threads is relevant to the issue of whether we have a fixation on them, then obviously I am not gonna get anywhere with data, and there is nothing else I can do. I will just end by confessing that I am guilty of fixating (a little) on them. ;)

30. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Well, piggy, Ralphie, Children of the Corn, MizzWho are different in one hyuuuuge way from aggy.

They have no share in the $10,000,000,000+ (yes, that's billions) Permanent University Fund.

Even though aggy left Texas w/r/t athletics, the divorce still has major child support implications we can't remove.