Texans pay reasonable price to dump terrible QB contract

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Crockett, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I thought this board was for Longhorn football and not corporate football.

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 2,500+ Posts

We need to study McNair's mental midgets. They may not have invented "**** up", but they certainly perfected it. A case study in what not to do with a professional franchise and personnel management.

I can't believe his partners sat on the sidelines this long before intervening and forcing McNair to make changes.

5. havoc7701

havoc7701 100+ Posts

If that’s the rule, then we should eliminate all the Cowboys threads, too. It might be close to Aggy Country but there are plenty of UT grads in Houston. :headbang:

6. Longbomb

Longbomb 500+ Posts

I am a UT grad that lives in Houston. I wanted to be a Texans fan when they were created, but I just can't because they are a bunch of f ups.

• Like Like x 2
  7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 1,000+ Posts

We post on multiple different football teams. Mostly UT. Sometimes teams like the aggies and Texans.

8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 1,000+ Posts

The Texans are an aggie team in an aggie town.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 2,500+ Posts

I have carefully watched the Kirby Kretin Korp since McNair paid $600,000 for the Grand Champion Steer at HLS&R to insure the Rodeo's support for the new stadium and to get the Rodeo to build Reliant Center. Hiring Charley Disasterly ended any interest I might have ever had. I can't understand why it took so many years for McNair's major investors to get rid of Smith, who gave the term "mental midget" a whole new meaning.

That said, not even A&M has pulled such a total cluster **** as McNair has accomplished on Kirby; and yes, I am old enough to remember Bum Bright, Tom Chandler (no one had ever ruined more great HS pitchers), the Corsicana Clusterfuck, kidnapping the school president (that one I actually admire), the 1979 stadium debacle (funniest Aggie joke ever), Rice half time show, etc