Texas-Army Game Thread, Part Deux

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by GemStateJim, May 31, 2009.

1. StreetHookd

StreetHookd < 25 Posts

I, too, am utterly grateful for Craig and Kieth...lying in the bed with flu the last two nights wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without them! HOOK 'EM HORNS! [​IMG]

2. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

3. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

I just wanted to post on this thread.

4. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

5. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

6. deserthorn

deserthorn 100+ Posts

Oh, he of such little faith!!!

7. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I was preoccupied with some other stuff all evening and was just keeping an eye onthe score. Saw 6-10 and thought we might still somehow find a way to tie it and send it to a 10th, 11th etc to oh the 25th or something. Just didn't believe we would lose ... but did not believe we had it in us to win it the way we did.

To come back and see that we tied it in the nick of time and then won it in style with the first grand salami of the year was SSWWEEEETT !!!!

Go Horns. Beat the Toads.

R.J.

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Whoa, what an ending when it looked very grim toward the end... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. htownlonghorn16

htownlonghorn16 25+ Posts

10. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

Okay...I admit it...I walked away at the top of the 9th. I had resigned myself to playing tomorrow and decided to try and enjoy the rest of my Sunday night by watching a movie. Damn me!

Go 'Horns! [​IMG]

11. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

That'll learn ya! Pity those folks that were in the parking lot.

Horn69 Family Mantra: "We don't leave ballgames early."

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

12. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Will NEVER understand the early leavers. I know some had a long drive home but it was only another inning and a half. Glad they did though so that I could get out of damned Section #3 and over to Section #2 where the action is.

I KNEW Army couldn't hold us. And they didn't.

And Mr. I only hit homers in the post season this year Clark finished 'em off mercifully.

You are the man, Rockwall! [​IMG]

13. Vince4Heisman

Vince4Heisman 250+ Posts

Awesome game..so glad i was watching on my computer with the hit off the wall and then the grandslam...CLASSIC [​IMG]

14. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

15. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

What time did you say today's game started?

16. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Better question, who do we have left to pitch? Army's staff must be depleted! [​IMG]

17. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

Let me clarify...I didnt LEAVE early...I turned off the video broadcast early. I NEVER leave games early, no matter the score....I didnt even leave the North Texas football game a couple years ago in the middle of 1000 degree heat and a blowout.