Texas at K State

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by jusme828, Feb 27, 2017.

1. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Looks like Lashann is starting in Brianna's place tonight.

2. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

guess shes still hurting from the other night

3. "Anna hook em"

my stream isnt working tonight :(

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The announcer said that Brianna's hand was wrapped; not sure if that means injured.

Started out the game with 4 jump shots -- one each by Ariel, Kelsey, Lashann, and Joyner. Only Lashann connected. Thought we'd come out trying to get some easy shots off the glass, but we are in love with the open jump shots early in the shot clock.

My feed got a bit blurry at the end, but Brooke had the ball as the second quarter was coming to a close. Looked like she deferred her own shot to pass the ball to Brianna who took an even further jump shot, and missed. SMH

5. "Anna hook em"

we are leading though so thats good #DOMINATE

6. "Anna hook em"

Blow happy refs

7. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

We foul too damn much.

• Like Like x 4
  8. "Anna hook em"

We need to win so we to get the momentum going into the big 12 tournament

9. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Whatever is wrong with this team in the last few games has affected every single player. They don't even look like the same group since the Florida game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

We look so "not like Texas". Reminds me of us early in the season...Dont understand why
    '

11. "Anna hook em"

Invasion of the Basketball players?

12. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

We aren't driving the lane anymore. Past 3 games we are settling for jump shots that we can't make. Past 3 games have have had no fast breaks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

And we need to stop shooting jump shots so much.Drive to the basket.And hell change your defense.To a match up zone.They are not shooting well from the outside.We tend to give the same defense every game.I don't get that, with the player's we have on the team.
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 1
  14. "Anna hook em"

Does brooke have any points?

15. "Anna hook em"

BOX THE HELL OUT!!

16. "Anna hook em"

Dude i need a Drink bad.

• Like Like x 1
  17. "Anna hook em"

MOVE CLOCK MOVE

• Like Like x 1
  18. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Sloppy play. Dumb fouls. Ugly basketball.

• Like Like x 1
  19. "Anna hook em"

Please make the Freethrows

• Like Like x 1
  20. "Anna hook em"

As long as its a win i dont care ugly, stupid, nasty, dirty as long as its win. A win is a win no matter what.

• Like Like x 2
  21. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

I care. I want to see the team getting better not worse at the end of the season. I want to see them playing smarter, not sloppier.
    I want our chances for a successful NCAA tournament improve not deminish.

That said I'm relatively certain everyone on this board is happy/glad to win.

• Like Like x 3
  22. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Wesemann = Flopper!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

My nickname for Audrey is "foul magnet".

• Like Like x 1
  24. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I think what you see with the 3 loss's, was player determined to win the Big 12 Title.So when they started to lose game's.They did not deal with it well.Being a young team.The key is to get a W, to get them going again.We got to start having better game plan's.This Man to Man Defense is not going to work all the time.So do something different.The rules for Offense has changed.Did K.Aston and Staff not get the Memo.
    Where is the different press's.It too much talent and depth there,not to press.

25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad to get the win. It is never easy to win in Manhattan. Lucky for us, KSU has not been playing well lately either.

We played a lot better in the fourth quarter; just seemed to find more offensive flow. Kelsey scored her only 4 points in the fourth quarter before fouling out.

This was a very important win. Players needed to taste victory; and, no one wanted to end the season on a four game losing streak. Plus, our RPI had dropped to #13. Just a very badly-needed win for so many reasons.

It's not often where we will win a game when Brooke only has 3 points and Ariel only has 10 points and Kelsey has 4 points. That's three of our upperclassmen starters. Luckily, Joyner and Lashann had good production offensively. And, hats off to Brianna who finishes with 12 points and 11 rebounds.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  26. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Getting a win before tournament play begins was very important. Also, they are taking jump shots because teams are sagging off of shooters. I'm for changing defenses if something isn't working but I don't think coach needed to do that tonight.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  27. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Nice ugly win..I'll take it. When Ariel & Brooke both are off their game and we win I will take it.

• Like Like x 1
  28. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

It's tough winning on the road in the Big 12. Especially after you've lost 3 in a row and your spirits are down. To just go up there and win says a lot for the guts of the team.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

My biggest disappointment was that after working so hard to get a 15 point lead, we self-destructed in the last 5 minutes of the third quarter to allow KSU to get within 4 points; just a lot of careless basketball. We had the chance to really keep control of the game, but not mature enough as a team to get it done. Luckily, we re-grouped in the fourth quarter and played a better brand of basketball.

• Like Like x 2
  30. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Who would have thought we'd win with Taylor outscoring both McCarty and Atkins?? Way to play Senior!

I am not sure what's going on. We lost our mojo after FSU. It's either exhaustion or this team got distracted by all the attention.

I am all for playing the top teams but maybe next season we shouldn't schedule to play ALL of them.

We are so much better than the last four games...

Congrats on the W. Conf tournament this weekend. Brutal schedule. I know I couldn't do it so I have lots of respect for what they've accomplished.

• Like Like x 3