Texas at Kansas, second meeting

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Feb 7, 2019.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Made shots:
    Six layups--two on fastbreaks
    Three jumpers--one in the paint
    She made four layups in the first quarter and one jumper in the second to go 5-5 in the first half. She made her first shot of the third (a jumper) before missing her first shot of the game (a jumper).

Only one 3pter taken which she missed. She missed one layup and one jumper. The 3pter was about four minutes into the fourth quarter.

She did a lot better on her FTs as well, going 4-6 for 66.7% when she came in under 50%.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Thanks, Babhorn. What a game for Joyner.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

This was by far the most complete game in our half court offense I have seen this year. There was lots of improvement in the Baylor game and it most definitely carried over to this game. More movement, better spacing, and some outstanding passing. I believe starting Destiny helped offensively. Without some kind of legitimate threat from that wing spot, it makes it much harder on the other 4. Destiny provides that threat, but tonight, Jada even took the two open shots she did have and made both. We need that in order to be a more complete half court offensive team. Joyner is really starting to get in her groove as well. Granted the competition was not that great with Kansas, but I sure like what I am seeing out of this group.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  4. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Anyone know if the game is available in any way on replay?

5. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

It might be a replay on LHN

6. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I am looking at the replay, on Kansas Site.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Cool, thanks Dino22!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Good competition or not, that is how the team needs to play. Not up or down to the competition but as UConn's Geno and Baylor's Mulkey have stated when talking about their expectations about their teams, they want the play to be up to the standard the team has set, not dependent on the quality of the opponent.

I liked seeing that the last five quarters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

I think you missing my point here. Of course they need to play well consistently against even lesser competition, but in order to be an elite team, you obviously have to do it against elite competition. We did do that somewhat (4th quarter) against Baylor, so that in and of itself gives me hope that they are peaking at the right time, and, more importantly, have figured some things out strategically in the half court schemes. As I said earlier, the spacing, movement and passing looked like a top 10 team. I was very impressed. You have to score and put pressure on the opposing team offensively to have a shot anymore. The game has changed to favor the offensive players. I do agree Babhorn that we have played "down" to lesser competition, and you have to bring it every night and play consistently. Now we have to go do it at OK State on Tuesday night.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

The link to watch the replay takes me to the ESPN+ login site.

Dino, you able to watch without signing up for the free trial or ESPN+?

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Which is the same thing I was attempting to say.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I bought it yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Freshman Collier scores 14 in 17 mins of play and goes 10-10 from the line. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1