Texas at Miss. State this Sunday

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I had previously commented on the offense. Really disappointed that New Coach Jamie Carey did not implement a new offense with some motion or movement to it! I love how UConn moves around the floor knowing where other players are supposed to be! After Stanford beat us they played Gonzaga at the Maple center and lost by 6. I wanted the game on the Pac12 Network. Gonzaga did not have a single player on there team that would get an offer from Texas! They are not what I would call an athletic group But they had the smoothest motion offense and played with a lot of discipline. I don't understand!! It's so obvious Texas's offense is focused on individual 1 on 1 athleticism and very little discipline!

• Like Like x 2
  2. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

For several years before he passed, the Wizard of Westwood, the great John Wooden, went only to see the UCLA women at Pauley Pavilion. He said the men's game, at all levels had become about brute force. But women understood that the game was won and lost below the rim, not above it.

A great motion offense, like a great transition game, is so much fun to watch.

He was right.

:deadhorse::hookem2:

• Like Like x 1