Texas at TCU Wed nite @ 8 PM

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jan 24, 2017.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

a late game starting at 8 pm instead of the usual 7 pm most games start.

The Texas game in Austin was the last game TCU’s Amber Ramirez missed before returning to the court the next game vs BU. She missed six games before returning. In the four games she has played in since, the TCU frosh, a deadly 3pt shooter in HS, has averaged 20.3 mpg (26 & 22 the last two), 7.5 ppg and 35.3% from BTA. Amber was hitting 51.3% from BTA before her injury, tops on the team at the time. Another shooter for the Horns to be aware of but seems like all of the TCU guards shoot the trey well.

http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/012417aaa.html

[QUOTE
    Special Events/Promotions

Wednesday night's game will be a Purple Out with all fans encouraged to wear purple. The first 250 TCU students in attendance will receive a free TCU Basketball Beanie.

Also, Wednesday's game is sponsored by Baylor Scott and White Medical Center who will be passing out free items on the Schollmaier Arena concourse.
    ][/QUOTE]

http://www.texassports.com/news/2017/1/24/no-12-womens-basketball-preview-tcu-jan-25-2017.aspx

Horns topped the Frogs in rebounding in game one by a margin of 49-30, including 21 offensive rebounds.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article128498929.html

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

11:40 PM and no pregame story on the AAS online edition, which usually has that piece out by 9:30pm. Hopefully, there will be something in the morning paper edition.

3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

My first time to see this team in person if all goes well (work and traffic from Dallas to FW). So I'm happy about the late start. Got a seat behind the Texas bench. :coolnana:

• Like Like x 3
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Looks like the game is on FSSW on Spectrum. Thanks to BrewComLey for that find.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

jeez, Ariel out with two fouls at the 2: 19 mark in the first quarter.
    Need LaShann & Alecia to step up for the next 12 minutes.

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

huh, Brianna went out even earlier with two fouls.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

nice finish by the Horns. We are getting pretty at making that last shot of the quarter and using up all of the time.

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Now Kelsey with two fouls. Horns are going to play without three starters for at least 8 minutes. Good thing we got depth.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sometimes, Ramirez's shot looks awkward as all get out. But she drains them and from NBA 3pt range. She sure gets that shot off in a hurry.

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Higgs coming in (for Brianna?) definitely helped the team offensively.

I continue to preach on here that Coach A has to pull Ariel out of the game (for some calming down time) if she gets that first foul early in the first quarter; history has proven she will pick up a second foul shortly thereafter. Not having her on the floor for extended minutes hurts the team so bad.

• Like Like x 2
  11. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

I'm a bad fan tonight don't people know it's game day and don't call I'm busy, btw is it a good game

• Like Like x 1
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Horns up by three at the half. We get Ariel, Brianna and Kelsey back after a long rest in the first half. Two more 3pters and 5 more made FTs for TCU. Horns have a slight edge in rebs, 23 to 17 and have 6 blocks to zero for TCU. Kinda surprised that TCU's Moore doesn't have at least one block. LaShann has 10 pts and Joyner is on the cusp of a double double with nine pts and nine rebs, if the ESPN boxscore can be believed. It looks weird tonight and has Brianna with 10 pts and LaShann has not played. I hope at least the team stats are correct.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

:lmao:I just don't answer the phone.

• Like Like x 2
  14. "Anna hook em"

Thanks

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Our free throw shooting is worse than normal 33%. We are taking too many 3 point shots, and only hitting at a 25% clip. TCU double up our percentages in both categories.

16. "Anna hook em"

We need to fix that some how that will be our dimise

17. "Anna hook em"

I think it's a matter of time until they T Coach, it's closer than I want it to be but we got this

18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

56-51 Horns at the end of the 3rd. Higgs with another Texas FG at the end of the quarter. TCU hanging around with 15-19 from the FT line compared to 2-6 for Texas.

19. "Anna hook em"

20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

love the defense and ball movement on offense.

• Like Like x 2
  21. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Coach Tina is fired up about something. She was giving Kelsey a talking to during the last time out, and this one she's stomping her foot in the coach's huddle! Love it!!

• Like Like x 1
  22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

TCU's Moore has fouled out.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

just not rebounding like we normally do.

24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

17 more pts from the FT line than the Horns. :idk:

25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

we needed that 3.

26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Good. Brooke is who we need at the FT line.

27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

how did Ramirez get that shot to go?

28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

gonna have to make FTs the rest of the 19.5 seconds cuz TCU is going to put it up fast and foul.

• Like Like x 1
  29. "Anna hook em"

This game is giving me more grey hair move clock move

• Like Like x 1
  30. "Anna hook em"

A win is a win ugly but a win nevertheless

• Like Like x 1