Texas at Tx Tech

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jan 14, 2010.

1. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Absolutely fabulous effort. Great job Horns!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Slick16

Slick16 250+ Posts

I can't believe they pulled that out, being down six with seconds to play in the first OT.

4. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

Tying it up when down by 6 at the very end of the first overtime was incredible. The 2 inbound steals and scores were really fun. Hook'em Horns!

5. mgood1

mgood1 25+ Posts

Congrats on one heck of a game.

6. kandykane

kandykane < 25 Posts

Im still hoarse from screaming at my tv! That was an excellent game!

7. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

I was able to go to the game. I stopped off at my favorite watering hole and am still thre playing on my laptop. My Tech buddies and I just keep saying, 'Wow, great game." to each other.

By the way: Wow, great game.

8. rosevilleblock

rosevilleblock 250+ Posts

I almost had to turn off my tv cause my blood pressure was going up and down. Way to hang in there ladies. [​IMG]

9. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

I'm still on a high from this game. I was supposed to be at work around 1ish and totally didn't get here until 4ish. But who cares I was able to see an AWESOME game by my Horns. I'm soooo happy for them. I bet they're even more appreciative of their conditioning/strength coaches.

HOT DOG!!! WE WON!!!1 [​IMG]

10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I'm ashamed of myself. Turned it off when they went down by 4 with under two left.
    Never again 'Horns, never again [​IMG]

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

SOrry to hear some lost TV coverage...I had it on four different FSN channels on DISH (actually got the best picture on FSN-Detroit) with none of the cutting to the PAC-10 game until the Texas game was over with.

Free throw shooting needs to tighten up...they started out great, with even Cokie hitting all but one until the team went ice cold from the line.

The back to back steals reminded me of the game in the Big12 tourney against, I think, Missouri where they were down by something like 11 with a minute or so to go and pulled out a win.

Hopefully we can build on this...

12. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

****, the Men's Game went in to overtime, TOO!!

They win as well!!

[​IMG]

13. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Men's game was a nail-biter too!! Congrats. to both teams today!! [​IMG]

14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

They are not happy in raiderland.

15. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Guess i can understand them not being happy...I think we would've been a bit more upset than they are if we'd lost the game.

This game came down to determination, intensity, and heart. No matter how far down the Horns got, they had an answer.

The determination and intensity at the end of the 1st OT was incredible. We saw it last year in the Big 12 tournament, we saw it again today.

I think we've had the toughest 2 game start of any team in the conference. To come out and steal a game in an arena we haven't won in since 2003 says a lot.

Sorry for raidernation but the Horns wanted it more today!!!

Kudos to Roberson and Murphree...they played their hearts out!!!

16. mgood1

mgood1 25+ Posts

Not too happy, no.

I thought my Lady Raiders also played with a lot of intensity and a lot of heart. I've come to expect that from both sides in a Tech-Texas matchup.
    But there was a total mental meltdown in that last 17 seconds or so of the 1st OT by the coach and players alike. Kudos to your team for being ready to take advantage of it.
    Tech was doomed going into the 2nd OT. They just had nothing left to give.

17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

But honestly. Why do we have to get between a rock and a hard place to produce that level of intensity? [​IMG]

Great finish Horns. I almost... almost gave up on you this game... glad you reminded me to hang in there rain or shine. [​IMG]

Looking for 2-2 this Wednesday. [​IMG]

18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

19. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Great job Texas! It's time for Texas and Texas Tech to make a big statement in the Big XII this year. Getting old seeing Baylor and
    aTm being on top.

20. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

21. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

This is a tough league to make a living in.