Texas-Bama Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Driver 8, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

I do believe it was Card. You can see his jersey below...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

we should move up in the polls.
    any number of things could have happened, just a couple of non-calls that should have been called and we would have won.
    We outplayed them. we were all over that victory except the scoreboard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Indeed. Maybe I saw the other holder for the first FG.

• Like Like x 1
  4. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I think Card did all the holding duties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Will there be a protest of officiating?
    There should be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'd rather we didn't. We need to focus more on beating UTSA next week than we do on the polls. We still haven't beaten a quality team yet this year, so I'm more than happy for us to stay out of the rankings until that changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  7. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Last week the holder was the punter. They switched it out this week to Card. He was slowly moving that ball instead of spinning it. Cost us a FG. But lots of mistakes to go around. I'm not even that disappointed. We're not defined by this game. We're defined in what we do against the others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

I think that they should have either gone for the TD there or taken a delay of game to make it a more comfortable kick for Auburn. A lot of missed opportunities, but overall the team played great.

9. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

positively delighted in QE's performance and the defensive performance. This bodes well for the horns future. Hoping QE gets healthy soon but not rushed and is ready for OK. I think Card can keep us in the win column till he is ready. No doubt QE is our #1.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. skandor akbar

skandor akbar 25+ Posts

I have to disagree. Intentional grounding in the end zone is a safety.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

So, I exchanged texts with @SabreHorn a short time ago. He was at the game today and got back to Houston safely.

Encouraged him to get on HF Sunday and share his game thoughts...

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

This was a very emotional game the team really got up for today. Losing a close one will have an effect on team psyche.

Team leaders (Roschon & Overshown) and coaches need to make sure that Bama does not beat the Horns 2 weeks in a row vs. UTSA next week.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

don't look now but Ford lead the team in tackles today (10). He's been thoroughly criticized.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  14. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

I hope you Card “defenders” actually now “see the difference “ between him and Ewers….it’s really not even close!

I LOVE that Card battled his *** off but you could easily see the talent “differential”

Meanwhile Aggie ….the cockiest university and college Football team that has NEVER done **** EVER! Lost AGAIN to App St!

They'll schedule Furman next year while we continue to schedule Bama ,Ohio St and USC!

TRUTH

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I mean Card played most of that game on one leg.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

we got Georgia on the schedule also in the near future

17. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Well we're about to be in the same conference. It would be funny if we played them twice, once as non conference and once as in conference.

18. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not looking to argue that Card is better, but most of Card's issues yesterday were with Sark calling an incredibly conservative series of plays for the first possession or two when Card was in, and then Card just not being able to move around on the leg. When Sark opened the playbook a little, Card made some really nice throws, moved around and away from pressure and generally played winning football.

He'll be fine. I don't think anyone's arguing that he has the same upside as Ewers. And I'll say this about Ewers - what we saw out of him in the first quarter against Bama was leaps and bounds from what he was in the spring game. It looks like the light has absolutely turned on for him, he looked every bit the part of a franchise QB and no one's more thrilled about that than me. Hoping he gets back soon.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, I'm still mad about this. This was Young's big run that got Bama into close FG range.

• poop poop x 1
  20. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Wow, that’s obvious, although I did not see it in real time. He may not have made the tackle, but would have forced the qb horizontal.

21. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

To me the most critical moment in the game was the missed tackle on the blitz. The qb goes down near the 45 yard line. Who knows if a play or two will get them back in field goal range but it would have been harder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

I hadn’t realized how bad that hold was… my gosh.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

You don't consider why Sark was conservative? The reason HC got hurt was he held on to the ball too long and panicked running right into 3 defenders who then became a pileup. He showed true grit the rest of the game and earned my respect, but let's not pretend what probably would have happened with the same game plan as QE considering his history and what we saw last week.

• Like Like x 2
  24. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

It’s the field position and time and forced to take a time out. Plus, sacks like that are just daggers. They take wind out of your sails so fast.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You could understand if the refs missed a small tug but that was a mauling.

• Agree Agree x 4
  26. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Reading post on my FB about the game and we are receiving nothing but praise from outside our fan base. Some even saying Alabama escape from Austin with the win.

I feel good about our showing and proud to be a fan today.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I've explained multiple times why this was not IG and therefore not a safety. Believe what you will.

28. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I'm not usually a "moral victory" kind of fan, but in the particular case of the Alabama game, I definitely am--good showing for our team, our fans, and our recruits. Saban must realize that the new regime in Austin is no joke. We are coming (fast). btw, very happy to see Patterson on the sideline helping out the defense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

It wasn't IG because it wasn't a pass. Multiple pictures on social media show the shin on the ground before the ball was thrown. That is the rule. Definitely a safety. SC and crew screw us again, and I said "oh no" when I saw him as the Head Ref.

And that doesn't include the obvious PI's, holdings and face mask on Robinson that weren't called. Although I'm just as pissed our DB doesn't know to contain and grab an elusive QB rather than trying to make the big hit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

To me, we won

I compare our "loss" to a golfer trying to get his game back, or trued up. The scorecard doesn't even get touched, but tightening up your game is the current goal. I think the Horns hit well off the tee, irons were ok, short game was decent. Mission accomplished

Going in I didn't think we had a chance in hell. Imo we actually outplayed them. I'm fkn ecstatic. Like 'I just broke 70' kind of ecstatic

If we win out, this loss is meaningless (I don't think we will). We'll get a rematch with better reffing. This "loss " doesn't faze me at all. It was a win to me

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1