Texas-Boston College Game Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by GemStateJim, May 30, 2009.

1. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

I'm signing off for the night.

Glad to have shared the moment with you guys...It was truly a special game with a pitching performance for the ages.

See yall tomorrow!

Hook'em!!!! [​IMG]

2. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

I thought they said Army plays the loser of this game which would be BC. I hope they play BC. Our guys deserve a well earned rest.

3. TexasSun

TexasSun 25+ Posts

Wow, just wow!!!!

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but that was FUN!!!!!

Hook'em Horns [​IMG]

4. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

5. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Pulled out my white Longhorn cap in the 26th inning and it paid off! I'll be wearing that sucker all day tomorrow. Church included!

6. givemhel

givemhel 100+ Posts

was that fun or what? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. KazooMan

KazooMan 250+ Posts

This makes up for that looooong UT/Rice game I sat through years ago - way to go Horns! What heart, courage, cujones, whatever you want to call it. Never give up!

I do feel a little sorry for Boston College. They don't deserve having to play at noon after this game. I have a lot of respect for their team, too. But the better team won!

8. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

What's up with the post game, they have like the wrong microphone turned on or something?

9. wearorange

wearorange 100+ Posts

Tuned in the 14th. What an experience! Glad I didn't give up. Hats off to BC.

[​IMG]

10. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

I can't believe I just watched all of that.

what a great game.

11. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

Horns win, Horns win!

12. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

I'm so stoked I'm going to stay up and watch the post game press conference. It's the least I can do. I want to hear what Augie has to say about Wood's pitching.

13. FourHorner

FourHorner 100+ Posts

[​IMG]
    Congrats Horns!

What a great game!

Hats off to B.C. Good luck later today.

14. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

Just saw the BC coach. A class act. I also saw the Army coach yesterday. Also a great guy. Now comes Augie!

15. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Nice post game comments from BC coach. The closer who went 9 2/3 said it was all adrenaline and that he actually got strength from playing in front of a great crowd.

16. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

17. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Augie says not surprisingly that Wood's performance is best he has seen in 40 plus years of baseball.

18. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

Augie said that Wood's pitching performance was the single best he's ever seen in 41 years! I agree.

19. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Augie also mentioning how disappointing it was to leave so many runners in scoring position but that team kept their energy level up through it all.

20. Viking

Viking 25+ Posts

21. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

22. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

LoL ... On Rupp's six Ks, Augie said the last guy to strike out seven times in a game was Ray Charles. LoL

23. Viking

Viking 25+ Posts

Ha, Augie ragging on Rupp

24. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

It would be hard to accuse Augie of running up the score. [​IMG]

25. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Again, for anyone who missed this game and skipped to the end of this thread: Wood turned in the single greatest college pitching performance that most of us--Augie included--have ever seen. He had a no-no through 11-plus innings of relief work and finished with 13 scoreless innings of two-hit, four-walk and 14-strikeout baseball. I think his final pitch count was 169.

And, as a team, Ruffin, Wood and Dicharry combined for the single greatest pitching effort I've ever witnessed at any level: two runs on eight hits, six walks and 20 strikeouts through TWENTY-FIVE INNINGS.

26. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

augie said the last player he saw strike out 7 times in a game was ray charles?

even better, tucker laughed.

not many kids would even get that now.

27. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Pitching 16 consecutive innings when ONE run would lose the game, is something that I don't think anybody will ever see again at any level of baseball .. EVER. It is not going to happen.

We just saw it. What an incredible show.

Good night all of you. Glad to have been here, and watching it live. History. Go Horns.

R.J.

28. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

I have nothing left to say at this point. I just wanted to add the 700th response to this thread.

[​IMG]

29. ferrariparty

ferrariparty 250+ Posts

30. LonghornAndy

LonghornAndy 25+ Posts

I just really want to be in this thread. Greatest 25 inning game in the history of mankind!