Texas/Bradley broadcast team

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Texanne, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I tuned in to the game late. Who is this color analyst?

2. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Tamika Catchings. She played at Tennessee, but I'm not holding it against her :). I've never heard her speak before, so I looked her up online. She was born with a hearing impairment--an inspirational story.

• Like Like x 4
  3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Tamika was a Duncanville product that played for the late, great Sandra Meadows

• Like Like x 3
  4. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

To play for both Sandra Meadows AND Pat Summitt — that’s a dream come true for her.

I was wondering about her speech. I looked her up, too, and I agree that she is inspirational, very inspirational.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Summitt said she was one of the best she ever coached.

• Like Like x 3
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I love Tamika Catchings. A harder worker and more fierce competitor never existed. I think she does an excellent job calling games, and brings qualified commentary from a player's perspective.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

I love her and she certainly seemed to have a healthy dose of respect for Charli and Texas.

• Like Like x 4
  8. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

In my book, Tamika Catchings is the all-time greatest women's basketball player.

• Like Like x 4
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

She's definitely one of them in my book as well.

• Like Like x 4
  10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Tamika has quite the resume on and off the court and is the current General Manager of the Indiana Fever so I’m sure she did her homework on Charli for several reasons. She’s the first to have a quintuple double which is amazing. Four Olympic gold medals, five time defensive player of the year, a slew of MVP’s and the list goes on and on. She deservedly was inducted in the Hall of Fame last year which was the ultimate no-brainer.
    All of that and she’s still down to earth all around good person. One of my all time favorites to watch play.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. FarawayFan

FarawayFan 25+ Posts

Thanks to all who have provided some information about Tamika - I knew she had played for Tenn. but nothing else, and was curious!

• Like Like x 3