Texas exe Jane Slater to join LHN

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by BabHorn, Sep 19, 2014.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Good choice! [​IMG]

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

4. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The Link

I wonder if this report was on the resume?

Could we offer Kaylee a substantial raise to come back?

I can honestly say as a Longhorn, I will never "wise up," when it comes to this subject.

5. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

This.

Let her go back to Hooterville and suck more farts out of that outlaw program.

6. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Fire her. Now.

7. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Not impressed with her.

8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Slater is good. Don't hold one article when she was trying to find work against her.

Hartung didn't leave she was promoted within the ESPN Family (unfortunately LHN is just above ESPN Classics in the pecking order) so no amount of money will get her back

9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

The "if you can't beat 'em" bit was stupid, but she ain't the only high profile Longhorn who found themselves mesmerized by Johnny. Seems like she was impressed with her first trip to aggy. Nothing to crucify her for.

10. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

just like my uncle, she is a graduate of The University but not a Longhorn find someone else, please [​IMG]

11. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

She's a friend of mine that will do a great job on the LHN. Some of you need to quit feeling so butt hurt. Our program has no buzz right now.

12. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I saw her introduction to LHN on Longhorn Extra. I was not impressed by her on camera presence but hopefully it was just first night jitters.

Update: She was better tonight.

13. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's ok to look the other way about Johnny, because he is good at football, why even the president of the university does the money grubbing sign because it's cool.

All those great traditions like pulling sabers on cheerleaders and beating up opposing teams students and many other strange things. It used to be laughed at, for it's utter stupidity, but now it's cool because they won a few football games lately?

We are told it's to be admired and supported now.

Whether Texas is winning national championships or has no buzz, I want no part of Aggy, their very odd ways, and neither does the vast majority of Longhorns.

14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't really care if she bleeds orange. For all I care, she turned Aggie the second she left campus. It is irrelevant.

Will she do a good job? Is she professional? Does she have good insight and journalistic judgment? That's all that matters. It's a job covering the program, it's not a job as an official UT cheerleader.