Texas-Farmers Game 1

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Bevo-Stevo, May 8, 2009.

1. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for all the posts. I went to the Astros game, then on to a sports bar for the Rockets . . . but it is still good to go thru the thread and get the game feel. Let's take of business tomorrow, then go for the sweep on Sunday . . . AGAIN!! [​IMG]

2. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

It looks like Rupp blocked the plate. As I understand it, that is legal to do at home plate, correct?

The Ags played their asses off and should be proud of that effort. Hats off the them, but glad to win and beat Raley. Also too, I think it was great that he went into this game confident. We just hit him really well. He is a good one and I appreciate how his comments set a competitive tone for the series.

What was up with Wood?

3. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

I didn't see the play last night (was listening to it on the radio) but watching the link, he could have snuck that left hand in. to the umps defense it was a bang-bang play. What I also find interesting is that #14 for the ags stood right in front of the ump (ump was trying to push him out of the way) and may have blocked his view. So thanks aggy! Any win in collieville is a good one. [​IMG]

4. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Here is video of the play at home
    The Link

5. texkermit

texkermit 25+ Posts

Thanks KJGirl. Looks out to me - with my unbiased opinion! [​IMG]

6. Scooter

Scooter 250+ Posts

Yeah, and #14 for aggy was in the way. Can you call an out if a player is blocking the umps view of a play?

7. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

The Ags are complaining as if it was an obvious call. That is bizarre it is not obvious at all the running was safe. The call could have easily gone either way. I have seen no proof it was a bad call.

8. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

I've seen the video several times and I'm not sure what the correct call should be. It does seem, however, that the Ump had a better view than me. [​IMG]

9. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, the way everybody seemed to react, this was the worst call ever ... The video replay shows nohing of that sort. It is not even that clse to being a close call. Rupp's left foot blocked the guy's left hand. At best his left hand tried to go around the foot toward the plate and missed it by a couple of inches. His right hand touched the plate clearly after the tag.

For the aggies to act like they were totally robbed is BS. Rupp did his job, and the runner didn't get it done. Case closed. Next game, please.

R.J.

10. Fritz

Fritz 500+ Posts

I must have watched the last sequence 10 times. I can't tell one way or the other. Anyone who thinks that is the worst call ever hasn't watched much baseball.

11. TheBigLebowski

TheBigLebowski 25+ Posts

Interesting. Looked more safe than out but definitely a close call. Ump was in a poor position.