Texas HS Football

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Nov 12, 2019.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Nice ... Here’s more of the brackets with all four regions.

Click the image to expand it

hs-playoff-brackets.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

A lot of really good teams in every region.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Katy got their second playoff win last night against undefeated Cy-Fair, 27-14. A pick-6 for the Tigers sealed the victory.

They have a rematch with defending champ North Shore next Friday at NRG Stadium. Katy beat NS in the opening game this year, 24-21.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The Allen/Rockwall game last night had everything you want in a game - except defense. Final 60-59 Rockwall (no OT).

• Like Like x 1
  6. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  7. LonghornCatholic

Also, Midland Lee vs Southlake Carroll.

Lee and Arlington Lamar had a shootout last week. Lee went up by 35 but Lamar stormed back only to come up short at the very end.

I may have to go check this one out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The next colossal match-up in 6A Div I is Arlington Martin vs. Duncanville.

Martin dispatched mighty MOJO (Odessa Permian) 71-28 :yikes: And that's after busting San Angelo Central 69-0 (not a misprint). :yikes: For the season: Points scored 335; Points scored against 44. Only loss was by 7 to Rockwall.

Duncanville whipped Flower Mound 59-13, after busting South Grand Prairie 45-14. :yikes: Duncanville also has our QB recruit JQ Jackson. Duncanville is undefeated, ranked 10th in the Nation, and has a defense that pitched 5 shutouts on the year. :yikes: Points scored 548 :yikes:; Points scored against 60.

It's good on good. Friday 11/29 at noon at AT&T Stadium--the Death Star.

These are also the 2 best teams on the mighty I-20 high school football corridor.

(this little emoji :yikes: seems to add just the right touch)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Mismatch of the week:

Lake Travis vs. Weslaco

Runner up mismatch of the week:

Judson v. Laredo United

10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chop, the next game on Friday, Frisco Lone Star v. Highland Park, probably will be the most entertaining despite the fact that Lone Star beat HP fairly handily at HP earlier in the season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dion,

Is Gary's RB going to be back? After watching the Katy/CyFair game, I can't see Katy beating Northshore if he doesn't play.

12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Hoff? I didn’t know he was out

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He didn't play at all against CyFair

14. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Instead of suffering through what I suspect will be a loss to Tech on Friday, I am heading to Waco to watch my great-nephews play for the Grandview Zebras (defending 3A-I state champions) against perennial power Cameron Yoe. This ought to be one hell of a game.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I hope y’all win that one over Yo Man, or the Yoe Yoemen. Yoe is indeed a perennial power. That team also uses a lot of aggyesque imagery.

16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Duncanville, led by JQ Jackson, wins 45-17 over Arlington Martin. Very impressive.

Frisco Lone Star downs the Highlnd Park Scots in OT. They’ll be burning couches and rioting in the Park Cities tonight. :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

45-14 Zebras! Sounds like a great victory for Grandview.

I suppose when the refs make a bad call against the other team, and their fans curse the zebras, it must be hard to tell if they’re talking about Grandview or the refs...

18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Frisco Lone Star 33 - Highland Park 27 OT

upload_2019-11-30_7-58-40.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1