Texas @ KSU

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by WCBBNUT, Jan 5, 2018.

1. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I think Destiny might be injured. Karen alluded to that after the OU game I think.

2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

True. She has not played at all in conference play. But, the injury, whatever is, doesn't look obvious (like the walking boot on Khaleann). But, both are healthy enough to deal with all the hassles of team travel, so I guess that's encouraging.

3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Holmes averaging just under 7 mins per game but played 3 less today than last two. I hope she has a monster game before or when we meet UConn.

If Higgs stays hot, White and Holmes should get better looks. Push it it in, kick it out and we’ll either get one in the paint or from behind the arc. That’s my hope anyway. Throw in a few midrange shots and some slashes to the basket and we’ll be a tough matchup for anyone. We need 5 offensive threats on the floor and a White/Holmes/Higgs/McCarty/Atkins lineup gives us that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I'm disappointed that Joyner is not getting more minutes. She just has more quickness and jumping ability than our other frontcourt players. Seems like Karen has her on a gradual come back plan. There may be a great reason for that, but it's not clear to me. She never came in during the second half. It seems like she would have had plenty of time to regain her breath and strength to make a second appearance. Of course, Audrey and Jatarie were fine, especially Audrey today. Glad to see Rellah get some minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Higgs now averaging 22 points per game in conference play.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  6. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

She has been outstanding in all facets of the game!!

• Like Like x 6
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Man, if she’s hitting her perimeter jump shot she’s ungaurdable. Also good to see the improvement from the free throw line as well as her perimeter jump shot. Not to mention she’s also the best defender on the team.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It's not often that you are worse than your opponent in field goal %, three-point shooting %, free throw shooting %, and turnovers and still win the game by double digits. But, when you dominate in rebounding by the tune of 47-26, that makes a huge difference, especially when you have a 19-5 advantage in offensive rebounding

http://www.texassports.com/news/201...l-defeats-kansas-state-75-64-on-the-road.aspx

Craig Way and Fran Harris kept talking about what a good rebounding team KSU was, but the blurb in the Statesman I posted about earlier in this thread stated they were like 269 out of 345 teams in rebounding margin.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Lashann deserves Big 12 player of the week by a long shot!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Is this the first time we've ever won two games in a row in Manhattan ,KS? If so, congrats to Coach A and her staff for another program milestone.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  12. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

A shout out to LutherIsMyDog, my Lashann fan club co-chairperson. Her stats this week are pretty amazing, aren't they? For sure, justme828, she should be Player of the Week in the Big 12. Is there a national P of the W? If so, she may deserve that, too.

• Like Like x 4
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Cedric Golden just tweeted that Aston told him before the season that Higgs was poised to have a big year.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’ll freely admit that, from her freshman season, I was always worried about her free throw shooting, especially for a player who drives and gets fouled. So much motion that I thought she would struggle to ever get above 70% - so glad to be wrong in cases like these.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I’ve been a secret member of your Lashann fan club since the first game of her freshman year. I adore her style of play and this year, WOW! She has come to play with a vengeance.

• Like Like x 3
  16. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Lashann has what I call her "one-blatant steal" of the game, usually. Today, I saw about 3 "Lashann steals". I think one big factor in her success was a small part of the interview she gave recently when she said she didn't get down on herself as much as in the past. We always knew she went into a funk (not pouting) when she had bad shots......I guess freeing herself of the self-criticism has really translated to a huge step up in her game.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Lashann is "quick as a cat" . . .

18. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm thrilled to see Lashann doing so well. I always knew she just needed the opportunity. She's making up for the slump that Ariel and Brooke have apparently entered. Hopefully this is a blessing and not a curse. I'm afraid other teams might try locking her down now so the rest of the team needs to start playing like they were at the beginning of the year. Joyner needs to get in shape REAL QUICK!

• Like Like x 3