Texas' NCAA 2024 Tournament

Discussion in 'Softball' started by racerx5908, May 12, 2024.

1. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Her legs have to be tired. She has pitched a lot in the heat for two days.That will slow her down.

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yep. Their ignorant ribbing/soft **** talking came to an abrupt stop.

I don’t like to stoop and put her hen-pecked man-bunned baby sitter husband in his place—that would be just mean.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 25, 2024
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Just tell them you'll be happier when they run away (again) to the Big 10

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Went o bed (7 hours ahead of y’all) after first Texas at bat. Woke up 90 minutes later and stumbled to tablet to see behind 3-1. Went back to bed and tossed and turned got up and saw it was 5-2. CRAP.

go back to bed thinking about losing to the Ags. Get up and start following via statcast to see us tie it 5-5 and then go up 8-5 and then pray to baby Jesus that Czech could last until END of 7th. And when she had two runners on and the batter at two strikes I thought “ don’t give up a homer. Give up a run but not a…….. CRAPOLA!!!!”

I than I “watched “ via stat casts jumping between three options because the play-by-play started lagging and I couldn’t figure if the delay was because of a mound visit or a review or ESPN’s feed to frickin Slovenia being powered by squirrels.

I’ll take a win and hopefully a sore Kennedy arm tomorrow

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Thanks updates b I was sleeping very restlessly as you can read from my post

now waiting to calm down a bit before back in the sack

• Like Like x 1
  6. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 2,500+ Posts

Not that we’ll need it, but how inviting
    Super Bill Bradley to give a short and to the point pep talk before the game tomorrow.
    Top it off and have Case McCoy doing his pinball run through the field on aggy for old times sake.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Tomorrow’s game time anyone?

8. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 2,500+ Posts

I’m seeing 6:30 on espn for tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  9. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 2,500+ Posts

But then again I see MLB scheduled then.

10. GoHorns22

GoHorns22 25+ Posts

I had a weird thought. I was wondering if the catcher interference call in last inning, with Perez at the plate, was possibly intentional. I wonder if Attwood thought the pitch looked like a fat pitch, and decided to interfere. Probably not, but I thought it might be possibility.

11. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Texas website says 6:30 p.m. Go Horns!
    upload_2024-5-25_21-5-34.png

• Like Like x 3
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Must. Win. Horns. !!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 25, 2024
  13. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

Does anyone know if any single game tickets will be sold? Other than stubhub

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah they’re a bit high aren’t they? I took a gander on all the services tonight. Ugh.

15. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Man I am so grateful to still be talking Texas Softball tonight. Glad tomorrow's game is in Austin.
    Now lets go be Texas...:bevo:

• Like Like x 4
  16. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 2,500+ Posts

Baylor/florida 1 ESPN
    Tide/vols 3 ESPN
    Mizzou/duke 5 espnu
    Horns/aggy 6:30 esnp2
    Central time

• Like Like x 3
  17. hookem4eva

hookem4eva 25+ Posts

I just want to say, I don’t think Texas played bad. I think the Aggies played lights out against us and were trying to prove something. Another thing to consider about the high scoring runs is these girl on both sides know each other very well and their weaknesses. They all played for Hotshots, Impact Gold, and Bombers which are the top 3 organizations in Texas. And they were always the last 3 teams in their tournaments.

Bella Dayton (Texas) and Rylie Wiggins (A&M) went to high school and played high school softball together.

Kennedy Powell (A&M), Reese Atwood (Texas), Emily Kennedy (A&M), Katie Cimusz (Texas), Kramer Eschete (A&M) and Scout Lovell (A&M) all played travel together with Texas Hotshots. Atwood was Kennedy’s catcher which makes sense to why only Atwood was retired twice so far in the series.

Mia Scott (Texas), Leighanne Goode (Texas), Kayden Henry (Texas), Citlaly Gutierrez (Texas), Sophia Simpson (Texas), Aiyana Coleman (A&M), Keely Williams (A&M), and Reagan Jones (A&M) all played for the Texas Bombers together.

Koko Wooley (A&M), Kylei Griffin (A&M), Alyssa Washington (Texas), and Victoria Hunter (Texas) all played for Impact Gold.

These girls have been playing with each other and against each other their whole lives telling their new teammates about favorite pitches to throw/hit and what they hate to hit or struggle to hit. We had 14 hits off of Kennedy today. The most hits anyone has ever had against her in a game was 7 (we had 6 against her yesterday). This is also the most earned runs she’s ever gave up. I wouldn’t necessarily say our pitching is bad. Czech just left that one pitch right over the heart of the plate and it was her only mistake because she was shutting the aggies down. Morgan was great yesterday until she missed her spot against Cannon. Kavan was good today as well. Cannon just is feeling it.

Coach Ford looks like she has no faith or belief in her other pitchers so that’s a positive for us. Another positive is that we have seen Kennedy in 14 innings and have gotten 20 hits and scored 11 earned runs off of her. The bad thing for us is that they have already seen 4/5 of our pitchers. We can do it. We have the moment.

P.s It’s been said that Mike White was pointing down to make sure Bella touches the 3rd base bag. She thought he was telling her to stay.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Yes, we know that and it was about the most idiotic thing I've ever seen. I've been playing and watching baseball/softball all my life and pointing at a base has always meant, "I want you on that base." What the hell is Bella supposed to think? Does a SR who's rounded 3rd hundreds if times need to be told make sure you touch the base? Aggy got to see Mac for 2 more innings because of this stupidity.

You could tell Singleton was really pissed. You know he was thinking, "I can't believe I'm working for this idiot."

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. das3603

das3603 250+ Posts

Are we automatically the home team for today’s game since we are the host? Or is game 3 decided by a coin flip?

20. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Home:bevo:

21. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Found some goodies on X

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Last night was the biggest WHEW I think I've ever done. Happy to still be playing today and hopefully some of the mental/fielding/whatever errors clear up and we get a solid victory today!! :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

What an emotional rollercoaster of a game! I was actually stalking around my house the last, few innings. Couldn't sit still. I hope today Texas scores FIRST and OFTEN!:cowrose:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I was doing the same...too superstitious to turn another TV on...lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Yesterday's game highlights

• Like Like x 5
  26. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Same here. I was a little surprised that the crowd was not more of an impact on the game. Lets hope today ends this nightmare called sheepville!

• Like Like x 3
  27. earl77

earl77 500+ Posts

A bottle of white wine helped me cope.

• Like Like x 2
  28. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Couple of hours before the showdown.

Get it done Horns!!! :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Anyone have a free stream link for this one?

30. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Don’t guess those pinheads would think to mention ET, CtT, MT, PT. I am trying to watch ESPN on HUlU. Don’t know which is worse.