Texas-OU Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Yeah Casey's thumb is why we gave up 662 yards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I blame the players way more than I blame the staff. If you're not that good of a player, well, you're just not that good of a player. And that's what I think about many of our players, especially the guys on the LOS.

But I'm not giving Sark a pass. I thought his clock management at the end of the first half was questionable. We could have had a chance to score a TD instead of settling for a FG. I know there's no guarantee. But he didn't even try.
    And I know, when a call doesn't work its questioned. If it works its a great call. But his calls when we were pinned down around our 5 were way too conservative, IMO.
    And finally, our football IQ is off the charts bad. The three KOs we returned from the end zone were just plain stupid. Not to mention our fair catch at the 7, although it's possible ou would have downed it inside the 5. But really? What's the difference between the 4 and the 7. Take a chance, I'd say that the ball bounces funny and no one can down it. Then again, I've heard that Blake Gideon is our special teams coach. Enough said.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Mostly agreed, although we did try a bomb from the endzone when we were on our 5. At that point OU was ready for it.

4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I think our defensive line scheme is designed to occupy o lineman then we have open lanes to the QB. But its not working. I am disappointed in our d line play.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

1.1st half the receiver went out of bounds on his own and came back and caught the ball on 3rd down. They scored.

2. 3rd Qtr the ball was lose in the QB hand which made it a fumble we had clear recovery in FG range. Was not even teviewed

3. On the winning TD there em was a clear hold no call. You could probably call holding on every OU offensive play.

That is WTF I am talking about.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Agreed. Didn’t attack the edges as OU was blitzing every play up the middle in the 3rd quarter. Didn’t Sark realize that he had OU in a corner and they were going to attack like a cornered animal?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hey @TheBeeman, why did you Poop this? Go ahead, convince me and everyone else why I'm wrong. You can't.

• poop poop x 2
  8. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Even Overshown?

• Like Like x 1
  9. horninchicago

@TheBeeman you got a problem with my correct comments? Let's hear it. Why am I wrong Mr. Poopmaster?

• poop poop x 2
  10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

This is Manny Diaz & Todd Orlando ********. We're running a defense with not-so-hidden delayed pressure and DBs 20 yards off the LoS. Brooks could have run every offensive play today and still managed to keep OU in it.

Coach K needs to watch some film and hide our weaknesses instead of allow them to be flaunted. Oh, look, another play where Jerrian Thompson gingerly steps up towards the line pre-snap? Just run it right at him. That **** was awful, and our DL's strengths are basically wiped out by this scheme. We need 4 down linemen and Cover-3. This isn't the NFL and we shouldn't pretend that we have the personnel to play like Alabama.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Agreed, more dump offs to Bijan and get K Robinson in the game for those plays too. Screens, quick slants. We let their blitz beat us. On D we have to get more pressure on them!

• Like Like x 1
  12. horninchicago

Poops from the 3 guys who don't know what the hell they are talking about, as usual. Go ahead, tell me why I'm wrong, Professors.

• poop poop x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. TheBeeman

TheBeeman 25+ Posts

Our offensive play calling really turtled up in the second half. Just handed it off to Robinson on every first down and most second downs. And they, OU, were waiting for it and stuffing it.

Frustrating.
    But we are a good team. We can beat them in the B12 championship.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Cook, Overshown, Josh Thompson, and Jamieson, and Coburn can return.

15. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

Refs didn't beat us. But I do think they missed the call on the receiver going out of bounds, although the guy on TV said that part of the play wasn't reviewable. Although he seemed to back pedal after saying it. So I don't know.

The one play that sticks in my craw was on that same OU possession. We're up 14-0 and they throw a little swing pass to the RB and it's incomplete. I reran it several times and it MIGHT have been a lateral. Foster picked it up and scored. No comment from anyone. That should have been reviewed and if I had been Sark I would have challenged it. If you can do that in college football.

But crying about the refs after blowing a 28-7 lead is too aggyish. We lost. End of story.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

This game reminded me of the opening to Wide World of Sports and Jim McKay..

THE THRILL OF VICTORY AND THE AGONY OF DEFEAT

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Did they score on that play? No. While a questionable call, the _efense had plenty of opportunity to stop that drive.
    The ball was not loose. While slightly close, not a fumble.
    Oh brother. Even if every one of those calls was an egregious error (they were not), blaming this loss on the refs is laughable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TheBeeman

TheBeeman 25+ Posts

Find another team to hate if you don’t like UT as much as you profess.

Though I do worry you are being sarcastic or something. So if I’m missing an inside joke, I apologize for the poops.

I have lurked on hornfans for years because it’s a place where I can find worthwhile, intelligent commentary. Calling UT “losers” isn’t that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. horninchicago

Yeah, go ahead and give some analysis base on this game why I'm wrong.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  20. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Defensive backs coach should find their own way home...we give up TOO MANY deep balls to backup QB's and that is a problem which SHOULD have been fixed after Tceh. That it was not says we have a coaching issue.

They can split the cost with whichever bonehead on special teams coaching staff is encouraging those returns, to include the squib at the end. Fall on it and let Casey do his thing for one last play. Or, if you are going to insist on returning a squib, then at least have them prepared for Stanford Band is On The Field...

21. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

Offensively, skill positions and scheme we are there. They blew up our O line in second half. Their rushers came untouched multiple times and it wasn’t because we weren’t missing an assignment. Just couldn’t block them. Doesn’t matter how good your backs are. Just don’t have the experience or the horses there. I remain speechless over how every deep ball against is the last 5 years is caught. Front seven would play great then give up TFLs or not get Brooks at the line when they had him. We just lost an all time game. Need to finish season strong and go get the horses we need. No Aggy melt down from me. Time for a walk and some Advil

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Overshown started out good but disappeared after the beginning of the game. All the runs that gained more than 3-4 yards is on the front 7 including overshown. How many runs did ou get on is after the half?

geez, the majority of this defense is juniors and seniors. This is really inexcusable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Where was the review? I single framed it and he did not have control of the ball when his hand went forward.

We had momnrntium with what should have been a stop.

I had OU with one penalty. I could be wrong on that.

You did not see the hold?

24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

First time I've laughed since the game started this morning! I'm going to start calling out Postmaster that since 99% of the mail I receive in our mailbox is just crap.

• Like Like x 1
  25. horninchicago

All I get is Poops. I don't get reasonable arguments why I'm wrong. I just get blind, dumb *** Poops.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  26. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

No sir, unfortunately I was mesmerized by BJ Foster getting blocked by the 5'5" Stoops kid to allow the RB to run right past him.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I can look past all the defensive errors except for the poor tackling—especially against OU RB Brooks. That’s unacceptable and must be fixed ASAP. A lot of things would have been the game-deciding difference in this tight game. That’s one of them.

OU’s WRs’ exceptional plays on the sidelines don’t bother me. Brain fart decisions by return men kinda bother me. Poor tackling really, really bothers me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They got an early TD from a bad call on a conclusively ineligible WR, but the incomplete pass where the QB got hit was the right call.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. horninchicago

@Statalyzer, I like you, but blindly Pooping my comments while touting the sunshine pumper flag is really unbecoming of you. Go ahead, as I have stated multiple times, tell me why I am incorrect and off in my assessment of Texas sucking. I'll wait.

• poop poop x 1
  30. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I am so pissed off... sitting in traffic now recalling this awful loss:cursing2:

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021