Texas-OU Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Oct 9, 2021.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Careful, the cry babies will be all over you shortly. Oops, I guess if expecting to not blow a huge lead makes me and you cry babies, well, there you go.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

I think there is a difference between calling the team 'losers' and saying they sucked. Clearly, they didn't play very well in the 2nd half but they aren't losers by any stretch. They had lapses in judgement and missed horribly on several opportunities.

I think most here are extremely disappointed on how the game turned out but they didn't give up and they played good enough to win the game. When you score 48 on an opponent you should win the game. Games like this weigh heavily on the emotion of the game and the ebb and flow of the momentum. We started the game the best as any game can be had, but I believe that one missed call on the receiver going out of bounds was a huge no call. At that point, OU would have had to punt the ball and we might have scored another TD and been up 21 - 0 within like 5 minutes of the game. That is HUGE in a game like this. Instead, OU scores on that drive and the game is 14 - 7.

I feel you are just voicing frustration and probably will come back around once you calm down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Played pretty well (or better) in my estimation: Casey, Bijan, Worthy, Moore, Wiley, Overshown, Brockemeyer

4. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

DAMMIT!!!!!! :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

That's all.... I'm hot, I'm tired, I'm probably still drunk and I'm pissed

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Well look at it this way. We get to play them for the conference championship and ruin their undefeated season. :ousucksnana:

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

If we wanted to argue with someone of your mentality we would go on over to texags.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I don't have a dog in this fight but I don't think we suck. Rice sucks. Kansas sucks. We just don't know how to win. Rather, we know a myriad of ways to lose. I don't think we suck. I think we are chokers. Games get close, the momentum shifts and we stop making plays. We sit back and wait for something good to happen instead of making it happen. We are a middle of the road team, incapable of competing at the high level most of UT's delusional fans think we have a right to occupy. Truth is, except for a few years here and there, we are nothing special. Three or four national titles in 150 years. Two Big XII titles in 25 years. That's who we are. I'm not impressed. And neither is the rest of the country. But I don't think we suck.

8. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Texas really should be 5-1. IDK why the defense sucked so much in the second half. We must play for 60 minutes. We did that for 45!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

He had those in the first half...

10. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Absolutely correct. That should have been called an incomplete pass. Zero U would have punted, and the Horns definitely had the momentum at that point.
    But it wasn't reviewed, and the score of 55-48 goes into the books.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Just stopped at bucees so don’t run out of gas - which the Horns did today. I haven’t read thread apologizing if already mentioned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

The defense has sucked the entire year. They weren't any good in the first half today either giving up almost 300 yards and 20 something points. It just looked better because we scored so much. That 3 man front scheme they do half the time gets gashed every time they play in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. horninchicago

If it was said, it was worth mention again. Stupid *** mantras are juts that, stupid *** mantras.

14. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I’m serious when I say this, I would rather the defensive coordinator pick 11 girls from the school to play defense the rest of the year.

This is supposed to be entertaining, it would be very entertaining and I wouldn’t have to watch serious football players on defense sucking anymore, we could work solely on offensive personnel and when the new recruits come in next year, albeit freshman, they ALL get a starting position, not one defensive player this year gets a spot next year. Freshman gets hurt? bring in one of the girls. Completely start over.

15. horninchicago

First 1 or 2 ou possessions, we looked good, but that was obviously more of ou just not playing well. Once they started playing well, Texas sucked ***. I have yet to have anyone give good analysis on why I'm wrong other than Poops on my comments.

Maybe hpslugger will come in and give some genius analysis to prove me wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  16. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I disagree, it’s misleading, ou gifted us everything in the first half. The only thing we earned was the blocked punt and that was special teams, not defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Nobody is blaming the refs for the loss, but if you were watching the game you cannot deny holding and blocking in the back. The last td was a blatant hold on the defender on that side. The OU player had his arm wrapped around the back of the defender. Refs need to call the game by the f- - - ing rules and when they ignore these penalties it means they have chosen their own guidelines. Kind of like an umpire with his own strike zone. Total bulls- - t.

• Like Like x 1
  18. horninchicago

To be fair, the defense that led to the blocked punt was stellar. The rest of the game, we had some hints of good defense, but that was about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

Number 21 ranking is probably right for the rest of the season. We don’t suck. We are a lower top 25 team an O line away from elite offense and no defense. We had the opportunity to burry the #6 team in the football and choked. Defense was abismal after first quarter. This is a 9-3/8-4 team. Played well enough to win and you just piss it away. I can’t tell if it’s players or coaches yet. Feel for the guys. Going to be a long ride home.

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Oh, Hey Mackovic! I thought you had retired from sports commentary.

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

This was a tough, tough loss, no two ways about it. We had a large lead, and it disappeared like a fart in the wind. The issue as I see it, is depth. We have starters that are good, some very good, but too many are less than stellar, particularly on the O line. We don't have great backups, serviceable maybe, but there is a falloff in results when they play. If anyone in or around the program is cognizant of that, it's Sark.

Today, I observed that the subs that came in for ou played as or almost as well as their starters, with little or no fall off talent wise. We don't have that kind of depth for each position on our roster . . . yet. On the Offensive side, our line is the weakness in that they missed assignments and are slow in pass-pro. Thompson was running for his life on several occasions. Bijan is an exceptional RB, no doubt a great and determined player. Thompson's performances are generally good to questionable, play by play. The majority of the starters on both units are ok, if you don't mind losing at least 3 regular season games each year, and none of us are fine with that . . . at least I hope not. Basically, without sufficient depth on the bench, our guys are going to be sucking air late in games. We saw that today.

Currently, Sark has to work mostly with what Tom left, and while they may win enough games to secure an invite to a mid-level bowl game annually, they do not appear to be good enough to get us into a major NY6 bowl and certainly not the playoffs. All the best coaching in the world may turn these guys into good competitors but not perennial playoff contenders with some exceptions of course. Once Sark and Co. start getting their guys onboard, I believe there will be a turnaround, since there will be depth on the bench. I wonder how bad a day today would have been if Tom & Co were the coaches for the game. On the other hand, I don't want to think about it since it turns my stomach and gives me a headache.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

BINGO!!! We have a winner! I agree with you and I am unanimous on this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

The ref's are going to screw Texas if they can that's a given. There is no court of law to have it overturned. If Sark send film the B12 offices they won't even look at it, they'll just call him a sore loser. Texas has to find a way to overcome the ref's.

24. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

And we got out coached. We did not counter OU blitzing on almost every down in the 2nd half.

Our ROT has wind Burns from his man running right by him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

It was a very disappointing loss, but the season is not over. Change to focus to Oklahoma State next weekend - pretty sure that's the approach Sark and staff will take.

• Like Like x 2
  26. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

Agreed. Which is why you can’t suddenly put the coach on the hot seat or throw it all away. It will be up to Sarks staff to develop who they have now and who they bring in. Our glaring lack of 1st day draft picks over the past 10 years is 70% development and 30% recruiting (IMHO). Herman notoriously didn’t develop guys or get the most out of them. This loss really hurts and probably took a year off my life and there’s going to be a lot of emotion flying about it

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

If we had lost a hard fought game of, say, 35-28 I don't believe there would be such wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    It was the early lead that makes it hard to accept.

• Agree Agree x 4
  28. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

It might help to start making better coaching decisions. You can't take your foot off the gas at the end of the half when you know your defense can't stop grandma from crossing the road. You certainly don't run a play at the end of the 3rd with the lead. And, damn, you definitely don't run a kick out of the end zone with the lead. Nothing good happens after midnight and rarely anything good happens running kicks out of the end zone. A penalty is more likely than a big return and a fumble is probably more likely that a return for a TD.

Someone remind me of these coaching geniuses we have.

29. horninchicago

Yep, lollygagging at the end of the 1st half, not calling time out to be able to take a shot and then maybe try a FG was ********.

Cue the sunshine pumpers to say why I'm wrong....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Hillcityhorn

Hillcityhorn 100+ Posts

Well, this where the move to the SEC will helep us, big 12 refs are always there to protect their hope for a big 12 team in CFP, WHY ELSE does OU get away with holding on every f'n snap?!? And we aren't the only big 12 to complain about it. What about the reversal of the fumble, I thought it had to be indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field. Also, F Herbie and Fowler, good gawd they suck off OU on every play...

• Winner Winner x 1