Texas-Penn State VB Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jamesmaner, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Sorry I couldn't contribute to the chat room but sometimes on game nights there must be many people there and my computer acts up on this web site.

2. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Great season and we will miss Destinee, Ashley and Heather. Thanks for a great four years!!

3. Sidewinder07

Sidewinder07 25+ Posts

You played your hearts out & left everything on the court. You took a Penn St team that has won 101 straight games & 2 national championships to 5 sets.
    Destinee, Ashley & Heather you’ll have set the example & have raised the bar. It has been an honor watching you grow & play the game.
    With experience come wisdom & knowledge. We'll always love & support this program. We’ll see you next year - Texas Fight - Hook’em !
    [​IMG]

4. Touchdown_Texas

Touchdown_Texas 500+ Posts

This sucks in more ways than one. Coming so close, and losing Destinee next year. This is as crushing as the years Cat came so close and didn't have a title to show for her college domination. [​IMG]

Sports is an interesting animal. We happen to have one of our greatest teams ever during a year when Penn St has theirs. Wish the stars didn't align that way but that is sports I guess.

Thanks Ladies for representing Texas well in a year that may well be the heydays of Texas sports. Here's hoping you provided inspiration to the guys in our other four Top 2 teams. [​IMG]

5. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

Gut wrenching loss. Marvelous season from our Horns though.

Man I thought the baseball championship was a rough way to lose it.

6. So did anyone notice the Penn State player out of rotation on the serve at match point?

That was an epic match and I'm disappointed that Texas couldn't win another title for the Big 12 but it was a great season. Congratulations on a fantastic season!

7. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Husker I didn't notice it but if it is true that is alarming even though I don't know if it would have elected the final outcome but it would have given UT a chance. The thing is that I know in high school the officials watch out for that sort of thing and if it did happen the officials weren't on the job.