Texas Senate Debate - Schick, Cornyn Noriega

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BernOrange, Oct 7, 2008.

1. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

In reply to:

2. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

3. AustinBadger

AustinBadger 250+ Posts

Talk about a total statewide afterthought of a Senate race......no one is even talking about this race. Admittedly, this is b/c Cornyn is a good candidate for the GOP and has $9M more than RN, but still...........just no discussion.

4. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

It's all that I can do to avoid sending angry replies to the Cornyn campaign emails.

5. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

It's ******* unbelievable.

We keep electing the same ******** Senators/Congressmen and expect things to change.

6. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Cornyn is a strong supporter of all things Bush, especially the border fence project.
    But Noriega has no financing to wage a campaign, too much of an uphill battle.

7. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

8. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

Bern, as a libertarian, i could certainly understand your disdain for Cornyn. He seems to want the government involved in 1) bailing out private companies, 2) the bedroom [box turtles] and 3) your body [DNA databasing]

9. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

10. AustinBadger

AustinBadger 250+ Posts

^^^ No kidding ^^^^

There is a reason he has no money and a reason that big Dem donors in this state are staying away from his race.

He is running a terribly disorganized campaign.

And the Dems are more focused on the Lege and Judicial races.

Finally, even though I disagree with a lot of his policies, I actually like Cornyn. I met him when I was in law school at some fundraiser and he spoke to me for 10+ minutes, and I found him to be engaging, friendly, and good guy.

He definitely sold his soul to the GOP to get where he is but I don't think he is a bad person - and I think he holds that seat for a long time.

11. RoundhouseKick

RoundhouseKick 250+ Posts

12. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

Friendly reminder for those who are interested - the debate is tonight.