Texas to Stay in Big 12?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Jun 14, 2010.

1. BevoDave

BevoDave 25+ Posts

^
    ^
    ^
    Be careful not to pass out....they don't like that.

2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Except for taking an hour to go get my car inspected, I have done nothing all day long besides refresh hornfans.com

. . .

and I gotta tell ya--it beats the hell out of most offseason days [​IMG]

3. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Breaking News from LaRumoria Resort Spa south of Ft. Stockton where Fox Network is hosting the Big XII Lite decision-makers:

Big XII Conference will remain intact with the addition of New Mexico, Rice and UTEP in the South Division after Texas A&M leaves for greener pastures to the Southeast while OU and OSU switch to the North Division to replace Nebraska and Colorado which defected from the Big XII last week. Fox Network "guarantees" more lucrative TV revenues for all in the future based on conference performance. Fox executives were quoted as saying "Trust us."

Texas and other institutions will be allowed to develop their own networks and charge outrageous subscription fees which will further escalate the cost of supporting ones alma mater. In related action, all residents of states included in the conference, except TAMU fans, making less than $250,000 per year will receive income tax credits provided by the 2010 Cash Strapped Sports Fan Stimulus package being proposed by a bi-partisan group of congressmen from Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas and Iowa. Missouri congressman have indicated that they will support no legislation that does not benefit their state solely.

Link to follow...... when I set up my website. I figure my information is just as good as all the other BS out there.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ghostofbevo

ghostofbevo 25+ Posts

I am praying to the gods of college football and the legend of Darrell Royal that this Little 12 (10?) or whatever they call it rumor is erroneous! Trust me - many,many alumni are quite upset about UT's apparent sudden about face on the conference alignment issue and strongly prefer the PAC-16, or the Big 10 as well in lieu of this weak sister Big 12/10 business.

I am so upset personally that I may just skip the spectating until they see the light and realize we're riding a wounded and dying horse here in the Big 12/10 and we just need to move on. Now.

Just count me as boycotting Longhorn spectator sports until we can make a decision with cajones. Please, administration, grow a pair!

A Disappointed Alumnus