Texas v Maryland Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Sep 2, 2017.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Ricky and Manny very realistic. We suck. Redding is a pollyanna. Maybe because he is new he wants to be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

not sure I concur...CS was not noted for adjustments at the half, and Texas did at least look energized in the 3rd quarter...sort of.

3. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

you're kidding me, right????:smh:

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. faceman

faceman 25+ Posts

again...Coaching rumors......

6. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

N
    Nope they starting throwing fans onto the field

7. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

1977, off a 5-5-1 exit season of the DKR legend, Akers totally retooled a sagging national power Texas team.

Yeah, Akers had Earl, but also had the two blueist chip QBs of McBath and Aune, both lost in short order in the OU game.

Boston College, 48-0
    UVA, 66-0
    Rice, 72-15

I kind of hoped this season had such hopes; I know, no Earl, but really, are these Texas players THAT bad????

Maybe a bit premature, but TH dug a huge hole in his position as HC at UT today.

Maybe less urine color attention, new locker obsession, and slobber kissing of players and more attention to SPECIAL TEAMS is in order.

Not slamming the door on the guy, but with all the resource$ in Texas his team just played a ******, embarrasing game in losing to an East coast patsy.

8. horninchicago

Herman visibly shaken in the presser.

• Like Like x 1
  9. faceman

faceman 25+ Posts

2016 season opener, UH is DOMINATING OU.
    2017 season opener, UT is shitting the bed against MARYLAND.

Grass is not always greener, Hermy-boy.

LOL

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I get the impression some UH fans may have registered here today
    Ive never done that, register at an opponent site just to throw shade
    Does it work? Is it cathartic for you? Does it heal the butthurt?

11. horninchicago

Hilarious. Herman says MD ran a lot of offense they had not seen on film. So, that IS allowed? Will Texas ever get that message? We ran the same old candy *** BS.

12. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

So all future Texas opponents need to do is send TH past game films and Texas prepares only on that, other team changes scheme???

13. jimmmy4

jimmmy4 < 25 Posts

not punting on 4th & 2 from midfield with almost all of the 4th qtr left against a first time freshman qb was the stupidest call I have seen in a long time, if we had pinned them back we would have had a real good chance to win

• Like Like x 1
  14. horninchicago

He hasn't had any good answers really. Seemed as lost in there as Strong after all the losses.

So can we stop hiring former Urban Meyer NC winning coordinators now?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Herman got quite a lot of money on his reputation from that game.

16. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Saw plenty of it the first half still didn't fix it

• Like Like x 1
  17. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

That USC game might be a murder waiting to happen

• Like Like x 1
  18. horninchicago

How many QBs have career games against Texas? Very strange.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Many of you may recall I posted before the season about Brendan Moore, MD C who played at Westwood HS with my son. All those runs that gashed our middle...yea!!!

He's a top NFL prospect at C. I watched him carefully all game...he dominated our DL & had a number of "pancakes", opening up those gaping holes!!

20. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Speaking of stupid penalties I am watching the Michigan / Florida game. Michigan receiver makes a great catch for 20 yards. Takes the ball and spins it on the ground. 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty which is really a 35 yard penalty. Then Michigan tries a long pass that Florida picks off and runs back for TD. As I am typing this another interception for a td. I am watching a rerun.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  21. horninchicago

Beuchelle asked how they get past this loss and have a good week coming up at practice. Hell, they are seasoned veterans at practicing after losses. They will have another ****** week? What the last 3 years shows otherwise?

22. jimmmy4

jimmmy4 < 25 Posts

Getting real tired of starting out like complete ********. Tackling was completely worthless, penalties were abundant, coaching was horrible, our so-called great offensive line stunk, defense was crap, the offense scored zero points in the 1st half and we generally looked like vomit. Other than that, it was a great start to the season.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Gators just had back-to-back pick 6’s against UM. 17-10 Florida.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

If this happens next week heads will roll but I'll will be in my seat cheering for a win

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  26. jimmmy4

jimmmy4 < 25 Posts

Heads already rolled. We're stuck with this if it pans out or not. Hopefully it gets better.

27. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Yep, I said game right there. We needed to pin them deep. As dumb was going for it on 4th and 5 when a field goal would have it back to under 2 td's. Way to early in the game. And on top of that we call a pass to a back with iffy hands in traffic. Amazing Tom said in the PC he didn't remember the play. Pretty sad.

• Like Like x 1
  28. horninchicago

But he made sure to correct Bohls's incorrect description of another pass on that short field.

• Like Like x 1
  29. horninchicago

Herman said they didn't run the because MD was trying to stop the run. Acho called that out and said everyone knows Bama will run the ball and try to stop it but Bama will still run the ball. Pretty chicken **** comment by Herman IMO.

30. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Earl Campbell wouldn't have kept the defense off the field. There were no holes. Chris averaging 5.2 ypc was actually pretty good considering. I don't know why Kyle gets carries over Chris though. I guess he looked good in practice because he was going up against our defense. Kyle may practice hard but the talent just isn't there. I would rather see Daniel and Toenail getting carries. They are the future.

• Like Like x 1