Texas vs. Arizona State Game

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DINO22, Mar 19, 2018.

1. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I love how focus Texas Coach's and Player's were the whole game.
    L. Higgs was Outstanding this game.
    We jumped on AZ State right away.
    Take that !!!!!!!!
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 7
  2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I saw different energy last night as the coaches looked intense as always, yet the body language was much more positive and encouraging. There seemed to be an extra degree of connection between the staff and players that I don't always see... and I think it showed in the players' performance on the court. We looked good! Great job by KA and staff!!!

• Like Like x 7
  3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Me thinks a certain “bad attitude” is no longer in the locker room. Just speculating...but not really speculating

• Like Like x 2
  4. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Yes you’d be speculating. Especially since throughout the season the person you are referring to seemed to be a team and fan favorite (based on their reaction when she scored etc.).
    Beyond the speculation - what is fact is Aborowa was awesome last night and provided quality minutes and energy. I think she scored 9. Loved seeing that - hope she can play that well against tougher opponents.
    The third quarter crushed ASU’s hopes (and silenced one of the most obnoxious opposing fans I’ve seen in the Erwin Center in a long time).

• Like Like x 10
  5. skilled

skilled 25+ Posts

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one annoyed with the opposing fans! Great game!

6. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

Excited to get this win and to see how the team responded, much better 2nd half. UCLA should be a good game but I'm confident we can beat them. I know we scrimmaged them in Colorado before the season started, the scrimmage was closed, but it did come out that we won. I know both teams are a lot different now but hopefully that experience playing them early will help.

• Like Like x 4
  7. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I always like to read the opposition's side of events to see how they see the same game: http://www.statepress.com/article/2018/03/spsports-asu-womens-basketball-season-ends-against-texas
    The thing that no one has discussed was ASU's method (?) of constantly substituting kids in-and-out. I saw one team that Texas played in the past run that type of offense (?), but the team name escapes me. The players are obviously used to it, but talk about lack of cohesion when your teammate receiving a pass is always changing!

Oh and dude, it's McCarty, not Mccarty. Gah.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I will him a pass on that as it could easily be autocorrect. I spend a lot of time checking to make sure what I typed hasn't ended up weird due to autocorrect.

What I find interesting is the lack of anything on LaShann. She was as spectacular in the first as Ibis was. Thank goodness for that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

10. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I realize that this writer is probably a student and he's writing for "free" and he's actually focused on WOMEN'S basketball, which is rare. However, I had to call him out on his article about Texas vs. Maine. He said that Maine never had "more than 2 rebounds per quarter" and yet somehow......Maine ended up with 12 rebounds - 3 offensive, 9 defensive.

Sloppy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Now the lack of effort to check stats is really bad everywhere. No excuse of that as both he and the editor should have caught that error.

But the impulse to make a dramatic declaration is strong. :smile1:

12. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

You have made an assumption about what I posted. I did not make an assumption when I posted. #Family more than a hashtag

13. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I really hope that is not the case. I see "un-named" player as someone who really wanted to contribute, but for reasons (conditioning,youth etc) did not. But I must admit I don't know how that translated in the locker room or practice court. I really hope to see her this summer back with the team.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Shout out to 2 Player's coming off the bench for Texas.
    Great Job Ladies.
    A. Sutton and O.Aborowa.
    Hookem

• Like Like x 3