Texas vs Arkansas game thread.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Olehornfan, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

We don't have anyone else. We're not going to burn a redshirt in the bowl game.

This staff bet the farm on a "manage the game" offense with Ash at the helm and lost badly in Week Two. That's why I'm concerned about their decision making, which starts and ends with Strong. He needed to come into this job ready for anything and failed in year one. He gets a pass, but it'll be a short leash in year two if Swoopes is starting or if Heard/Gentry don't materialize in fall camp.

2. TexasLawHorn

TexasLawHorn 100+ Posts

You buen The shirt. It's about who can play best. Heard just running draws.

3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

We've already lost. There's absolutely no benefit in burning the shirt. Pride doesn't get you much of anything, no matter what kind of spark Heard would provide.

4. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

A part of me hopes that Strong starts Swoopes all season long, puts up record-breaking bad defensive stats and raises all season tickets 300%, just to see the stupid 'dribble' TTaps can "insult" us posters with

5. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Does anyone happen to recall the thread (I believe it was the Desmond Jackson inury thread that was later deleted) in which someone posted a succinct and insightful analysis of internet troll behavior as a function of mental illness and personality disorder? It was directed at and proved to be a beautifully accurate description of Texas Taps.
    If anyone kept a copy of that analysis, please forward it to me via PM.

6. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

33 plays for 29 yards.

7. TexasLawHorn

TexasLawHorn 100+ Posts

Let's not forget the J Grey and M Brown are two 5 star backs.

8. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

How in the world are we going to be much better next year. Cant see it

9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think we might set the record for worst yardage in a game.

10. Tan Ted Deki

Tan Ted Deki 500+ Posts

What a sad day. It is so hard for me to have positive feelings about this staff. I can't point to one thing that indicates progress since game 1. So frustrating.

11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Good Lord Swoopes. I think he sees the writing on the wall and just wants to get out of the game.

12. TexasLawHorn

TexasLawHorn 100+ Posts

I dont think you can have the worst day in offensive history and have no reprocussions.

13. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

Gonna be a long off season for Charlie. Already on the hot seat?

14. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

-4 yards on the fourth drive of the second half. -21 yards in the second half. 25 total for the game. Negative yards on every drive of the second half so far.

15. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

16. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

Swoopes should not take reps away from any body designated as a quarterback or quarterback type person.

17. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

Ok, there are 2 positives from this game.

First, Nick Rose didn't miss any FG/PAT

Second, we won't lose another game this season.

Other than that, doom and gloom are steering the ship from here on out. Next season is going to be full of misery. I fear for all of our livers. I'm not sure this team has hit bottom yet, but a 5-7 season next year might change my mind

18. oilburner

oilburner 100+ Posts

Somebody or some kind of coach needs to improve the sideline attitude of the players. They seem bored at work.

Football is a team sport to be played to the end with fired up players.

19. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

We are not winning any of the trench battles. Outmanned, schemed. Hard to watch this. Field position has been atrocious, thanks to arky. 2 yards of rushing offense, and 23 yards passing offense. Not gonna win with this.

20. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

We are moving the ball on their second string!

21. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Way to hang it up Swoopes. Good luck with that position change or transfer.

22. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

It's almost a crime to pay Charlie a salary for fielding a team like this. This is far worse than the effort against TCU.

23. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

Make it stop

24. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

It just did and arky players couldn't wait to do the Horns down sign. Start over tomorrow.

25. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Finished with 59 total yards. 13 yards in the second half.

26. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Ash went down last year too, and the offense didn't look this bad. There's also no way that Case McCoy, as a raw product for an OC/QB coach, was that much better, if at all, then Swoopes.

Watson is a joke. The confused offense from the first snap was a joke. That is on coaching. The utter ineptitude of the QB is on the coaches.

I just hope this bowl doesn't lead to decommits, because as someone pointed out earlier, no skilled player will want to come anywhere near Watson.

27. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

I'm goin to go dig around my medicine cabinet for some phenergan.

28. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

This team is in total disarray I dont see good coaching , improvement, nothing but crap. Special teams suck, i cant think of a word bad enough for this offense. Watson must go , who ever is responsible for special teams must go. I know everyone here knows we made a bad hire.

29. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

I'm sure that Mack is smiling on the inside right now

30. TexasLawHorn

TexasLawHorn 100+ Posts

Agreed, I guaranty Mack would have done better this season and I think he was sh*t. So good luck to Charlie. It's going to be a long road for Texas.