Texas vs. ASU

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Chest Rockwell, Jun 16, 2009.

1. spidey69

spidey69 100+ Posts

This might be on sportscenter

2. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

3. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

great game to watch!

4. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Did anyone catch how the last base runner advanced to second on the 2nd out fly out to center? The graphic even had the runner still on first, and the announcers were talking about foo foo. silent steal ?

5. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

6. rblancarte

rblancarte 25+ Posts

I found out recently that Jungmann is fond of Chili's after a game. I hope he finds the nicest one in Omaha tonight and gets his favorite.

7. congrats are in order. epic comeback. well done

8. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Great game Texas. Can't wait until Friday night.

9. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

[​IMG] to 10 unanswered runs. Way to shut em down too, just a complete game. I wonder if Ruffin will be available on Friday for short relief?

10. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

pitch count on Jungmann? I came up with 79.

48 for Ruffin. My guess is that you come back with Ruffin on Friday?

Does it become a Green vs. Ruffin debate again? If you win with Green, you can Ruffin ready to start Game 1 of the Championship series, Jungmann for a Game 2 and Green for a Game 3 if necessary...

...or you go with Green on Friday and you lose, you still have Ruffin on Saturday, Jungmann for Game 1 of the Championship series, and then who knows.

11. catfishhorn

catfishhorn 100+ Posts

If somebody finds the email address to complain to ESPN, please post it, I'll do likewise if I find it.

That was one nauseating bunch of ********.

12. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

Workman will have something to say about this.

13. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

14. catfishhorn

catfishhorn 100+ Posts

15. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

Why don't you just enjoy the great win? Jeez?? My God.

16. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

so we play Friday at 6 CDT? [​IMG]

17. StregaHorn

StregaHorn 100+ Posts

This was an amazing game. Only two bad things. 1. Had to keep restarting the DVR. 2. The announcers. They were just awful.

18. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

Fantastic. [​IMG]

If anyone doubted Augie before this game...You must [​IMG] now.

19. catfishhorn

catfishhorn 100+ Posts

You know what, I've watched the CWS on ESPN since they started carrying it and they have generally done a very good job carrying it and commentating it. I'm not sure what happened this year, but it has sucked balls from Game 1 to now.

Trust me, I'm very much enjoying this win, but that bunch of ******** they threw out there is a ridiculous distraction and a disservice to the game and a disservice to one of the great tournaments in all of sports.

So I'm quite capable of enjoying this win and being pissed off at the coverage at the same time.

20. Touchdown_Texas

Touchdown_Texas 500+ Posts

Random post-game thoughts since I've become too nervous to type anything during our games as of late...

1. Are all of our games going to be headed to the classics board from now on? I'm okay with that. This was epic, and so was the last one, and the last one, and the one before that...

2. I thought we were seriously flirting with disaster and pissing off the baseball gods by hitting the golf course yesterday, but Augie has proven me wrong again.

3. We are 2-0 in Omaha guys...think about how freakin huge that is! We are also in the Final Four for the 5th time in 8 years. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm sure this has all been mentioned but I haven't read thru the thread yet. Let's keep this crazy post-season going guys [​IMG]

21. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

I saw a boxscore that shows Jungmann threw 55 pitches, 42 for strikes. That's damn near 80%. Wunnerful job Taylor. [​IMG]

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

22. Orangeblood90

Orangeblood90 250+ Posts

Great Game Horns!!, Just 3 wins away. [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

24. Bveaux

Bveaux 25+ Posts

[​IMG] Gotta love this...spot em 6 runs then never let em score again! They should be able to ride this confidence all the way to another NATIONAL TITLE!!!

25. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

ASUs players all looked like they were 16 years old, but theyve got some impressive offensive numbers.

And I agree, the commentary was pretty bad. I guess they had nothing better to talk about that Strausberg. Seriously?

I guess they could have talked about Brad Buckman's dad or Colt swimming across the lake or how many languages......

26. HornLivin

HornLivin 250+ Posts

Unforgettable game. This is just a special team. Hook 'em! [​IMG]

27. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

here's now I helped the win....

1) LIke the 2006 Rose Bowl when behind with 6:42 to go, I relaxed and surrended to the sports Gods. Accepted the possible loss with a calm known only to Grasshopper.

2) Then I changed nothing in the room and kept watching. When the game was tied, ran an errand to Lowe's and didn't complain when I my wife made us also stop by Whole Foods.

3) Walked back in and saw a 7-6 lead!!!

4) The rest is history.

5) Again, I did not touch anything in the room. Left all lights as they were, remotes, etc.

Nothing to it!!

28. L.A.Longhorn

L.A.Longhorn 250+ Posts

[​IMG]

I will never doubt this team again.

29. hamhorn

hamhorn 100+ Posts

I'm pretty sure the little troll is a host on either the OU or OSU coach's shows.

That's why he insinuated that UT couldn't recruit big hitters playing small ball. Baseball people know that your players dictate the style you'll play.

"Come on down to Austin, big boy, and we'll let you swing away".

30. LennyLonghorn

LennyLonghorn 25+ Posts