Texas vs. Kansas: Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by MajorRules00, Nov 13, 2021.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

He was so great, they named all kinds of things after him in Houston.

:smokin::smokin::smokin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

I beg to differ on him ever playing a great game

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Meh. Should have just gone for 2 at the end of regulation. At least when we lost, it would have been in our control.

5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Apathy set in after the OSU loss and I fished during the Baylor game. Think I had 13 LMB's that day up to 5 lbs. Winning is making the right call at the right time. That includes fishing over this. All day games == fishing. Night games == drinking.

6. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

On my birthday I thought, well, at least we get KU for a win. Not so fast my friend.

• Hot Hot x 1
  7. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Schooler is not a pimple on Gideon’s a..

8. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

He's not a good DB. Simple as that. That last play... pheww. If you can't cover the fat white kid with the game on the line, you suck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Whoever hired Sark should be fired. What ever donor suggested him should be cut off completely from the program.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I hope Sarks defensive recruits are better than what we have on the field right now. All season, too many times, I see wide open receivers and our DBs are too far away, and can’t make a play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gontex2

Gontex2 100+ Posts

Refs missed more than one obvious holding call on number 77 including one on the two point conversion. I mean it was right out in the open and ..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Despite the loss: Happy Birthday! :fiestanana:

• Like Like x 5
  13. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Yep. Sark's offense will work. But Coach K's defense won't cut it in the SEC. Give me a base 4-3 with strong fundamentals.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Just saw this was the largest upset in Big 12 history.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  15. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

If i am a defensive back or a LB i am always jumping routes to anyone coming in my area. We need heady play makers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. WorsterMan

In hindsight perhaps he was only a good OC candidate.... we will see.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  17. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

I said it when Mackovick lost to Rice and Charlie lost to KU. If you are at Texas and you lose to a team of this caliper, you need to be fired on the spot. Not acceptable: it means you are a really bad coach. Sark cannot be fired fast enough for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. WorsterMan

My Horn buddy at work brags big time to me about Card with big arm being the next VY, almost every week. I mostly let him talk.

He knows I wanted Casey game 1 and I still think CT gives the Horns the best chance to win.

If I see my buddy at the office on Monday I already decided to tell him I dont want to hear anymore about how great Card is.

Casey tonight was:

30-43 passing
    358 yards
    6 .... 6 freakin' TD's people
    1 rushing TD
    1 INT... but it was not a pick 6, like Card threw...

Despite a bad thumb those are gawdy stats!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Sark’s is playing with mostly TH’s players, which are not to the level of “good” we need. While this season is painful to watch, I’m still considering this season as his throwaway year. Two years from now, I expect to see better talent, and much better results on the field. But who knows? At this point, Sark could be another Charlie or another Mack ( the Mack that won an NC)

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  20. WorsterMan

Freshman: XAVIER WORTHY.... was other worldly!!!

Insane talent.

14 Receptions
    152 yards
    3 TD's

If he sticks around long enough he will break all kinds of WR records.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  21. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

In the Gonzaga game, Fran Fraschilla made an interesting observation after hearing the Kansas score, and he wasn’t trying to be nasty. He wondered out loud if Texas would be the equivalent of Nebraska in the SEC.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

We are the equivalent of Nebraska in the Big 12 so what difference does it make?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

Never saw why 99 was penalized after we stopped the 4th and 1. But it changed the approach and Casey forced a bad pass. Then on our last TD another stupid penalty gives KU the ball at 12 1/2 yd line in OT.

The continued lack of awareness and stupidity of these penalties is ridiculous. 10 games in, why would players not know the rules?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Don’t think he played quarterback until Royal got there in ‘57. i watched that ‘56 season from the knothole end zone. He was a big part of the team, one of the few bright spots. I think he was a running back then AND quarterback later at Texas. The only team they beat in ‘56 was Tulane.

And Kansas beat Texas tonight. Did you hear?

25. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Apples and oranges. Nebraska cut their recruiting pipeline to Texas when they went B1G. They also went to a place with no rivals. Our recruiting will improve in the SEC. And we'll be with ALL of our rivals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

That penalty was the dumbest ******* penalty I've seen in a long time. Our guy was alone in the endzone, there's no taunting there...

27. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Watched the overtime only.Yes, that last hold was so obvious there has to be a conscience decision to not call it. Texas cannot blame this loss on anybody but themselves. Getting out of the B 12 to the SEC will be tough but leaving those thieving incompetent a- - hole refs might make it less painful.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

That's what I am trying to remember...

• Like Like x 1
  29. WorsterMan

Part of me does not want read too much into the ou loss, but...

After observing the ou debacle in person...

Probably, more than the team, I have been haunted by who, what, how, why the Horns squandered a 21 point lead and eventually lost that game. Truly bewilderingly.

Second, and to my main point: I think that loss to ou and HOW they lost the game, crushed the soul of a team with weak leadership trying to find an identity in 2021.

Unfortunately the loss to ou has had a big role in / lead to 4 straight losses.... perhaps more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

The players with the Longhorn on their helmet should not have lost to the players with a cartoon bird character on their helmet NO matter who recruited them.
    Don’t let the DC back on the bus.

And why weren’t these guys ready to play?

• Agree Agree x 3