Texas vs. KSU Game 1

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NBHorn7, Apr 8, 2016.

1. sbmcruise

sbmcruise 100+ Posts

By all accounts a solid effort.

Its a good thing because I wasn't sure where I was going to find an old fashion brown paper grocery bag to use with my Aints costume.

[​IMG]

2. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Reminds me of many years ago at DFF, Texas was playing piggy, I think in a regional (still SWC days and I think UA came back to Austin for a regional).

Piggy had a DH, kind of a dumpy, loser-looking sort. O for 4 or 5 at bats already, towards the end of a game the Horns were winning rather easily, and were ripe to give him some stuff. Don't remember his name, let's say: "Murphy."

The Wild Bunch was in top form. As he took his warm up air-swings at the plate, a wild buncher leader stood up:

"Hey Murphy, you are uuuuugly!!!"
    WB: "How ugly is he?"
    leader: "He's so ugly his face could make a freight train take a dirt road."

Pitch, swing and a miss.

The crowd, and the Horns in the infield and even the piggies in their dugout started to lean in to hear the Wild Bunch continue ---

leader: "Hey Murphy, you are UUUUUUUUUuuuugly!!"
    WB: "How ugly is he?"
    leader: "When he was born the doctor slapped his mother instead of him."

Pitch, swing and a miss.

By now the entire stadium was paying more attention to the Wild Bunch than the game.

leader: "Hey Murphy, you are UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuglyyyy!"
    WB: "HOW UGLY IS HE?"
    leader: "He's a two bagger, when a girl goes out with him she takes two bags, one to put over his face, and one to put over hers in case his bag blows off."

Pitch, swing and a miss, inning over.

3. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Nice way to start the day with the NB Thread. 6-3 is a good start and we now need to get on top of 'em early this weekend and hold 'em off to the 9th for two more critically needed Ws.

Hook 'em, boys!