Texas vs Mizzou Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Earlier in the game I said this game reminds me of the TTU game this season as I expected the team to go turtle.

But as the game ended this reminded me more of the 2007 Holiday bowl when Mack and team made a cocky SunDevil team their *****, and ended a somewhat frustrating season on a high note.
    That game portended of good things to come.
    We should have won by more last night but the D definitely made Mizzoo their *****. Lets hope that 2018 looks something like 2008

• Like Like x 4
  2. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I think 2018 will be much much better. I am not predicting 11-1 regular season, but I'd take it. I do think this will help recruiting immensely going into the final national signing day, hopefully we get some of these hold outs especially that D-Lineman (Coburn?) and Keontay Ingram. Obviously, we need the best O-Line and D-Line class we can possibly get from here into 2/02/18. Next year could be a completely different team than 2017 was. I believe that, I believe TH is the real deal. We finally have our COACH.

• Like Like x 1
  3. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

A lot of trash occurred during the week from the Mizzou players and some scuffles even broke out out after the luncheons. I would rather that TH did not join in on the taunting but I am going to cut him some slack. He needed to bond with his player that stuck with the team. He had to suspend some players before this game and two starters decided to give the middle finger to their teammates and fans and pass on the bowl game. It has been a tough season. I hope better things are on the horizon. Mizzou was "we are SEC and you are BDF" all week long. Texas still owns Mizzou and that is why they left.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You are not alone
    See Sam here

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You make some good points, but I will probably always complain about Bret Bulimia

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Didnt we serenade their QB?
    Wasnt it "Rudy?"

edit -- quick youtube search found

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 5
  8. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Boom. No biggie

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More of these type of stories keep popping up
    About what MO players were doing the week preceding

• Like Like x 1
  10. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Case closed! These a$$wipes got exactly what they had coming especially on the scoreboard.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

So we were just securing the bag.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Detective Shilala

Thanks! It was a hard decision to retire the Darth Vince avatar but alas it’s a new era and the Binder as a coach was getting so much flack it cracked me up.

I’ll PM you with my address so you can send the prize money:beertoast:

• Like Like x 6
  13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm with you on that one. He is a clown, regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Detective Shilala

That was the one. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the horns run rough shod over them snd have such fun while doing it. It was rare to see the Horns under Nack so loose as they were for that one.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  17. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

That's the way I see it. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

If only Sam had known some prudence on those plays. You have to hope Freshman mistakes are behind us unless they go with one of the incoming players. Get that line squared away and we will be potent.

However, replacing the man with the golden foot will be virtually impossible. We had some great kickers in the past but Dickson was unbelievable. We OWNED the field position. We lost a 2,000 yard rusher to the NFL from last year and now we will lose another elite difference maker. We'll have to step up elsewhere which I HOPE will be an offense that will only have to punt what, half as many times as we did this year?

• Like Like x 2
  19. rick mueller

What was in the bag? Tiger balls? I don't think so because the bag appeared to be too heavy to have those little bitty things in it.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No worries mate, we've already contracted with Pro Kick Australia to send us a new one evry 3 years. The 2018 installment is already on the way. https://247sports.com/player/ryan-bujcevski-46050730

http://www.prokickaustralia.com/

• Like Like x 3
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Our players are still enjoying the tale of the bag

22. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

But it's not the same stuff.

Herman was dancing around with his players, doing something they started, and it was done in response to a cocky celebration by the Missouri QB despite still being behind. If Major Applewhite had been celebrating against Arkansas despite getting beat, and the Arkansas team then scored and mocked Applewhite, and Nutt joined in with, I wouldn't have had much of a problem with it.

But at least those two situations are somewhat comparable (and some may disagree with me and say they were still equivalent), but you cannot possibly put them in the same league as Bielmea. He ran out onto the field during a chippy moment and went up to an opposing player, bumped him, and then threw himself on the ground to get a penalty. That's nothing like what Nutt did or what Herman did, it was a utter POS move and he should have been suspended for it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

People want to talk about the bag and all that
    But we go out of our way to be non-offensive

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  24. rick mueller

All this talk about offensive and non-offensive stuff is going to send me to the safe thread.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Ryan Bujcevski and Cameron Dicker will be our dream team next year. Ryan is a cousin of Dickson. His film is fantastic. He too can drop that ball inside the 10 and kicks are high and long. Baring first year yips by either player we will have two of the best kickers in the country. Be sure and watch it all.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  26. Longbomb

Longbomb 500+ Posts

Making fun of the other team on your own sideline is not taunting.
    Their QB had a dorky celebration dance. We made fun of it. It was on our sideline and not done in the face of a Mizzou player. It was a funny moment of camaraderie.

After reviewing the play...there is no foul.

• Like Like x 4
  27. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Exactly my sentiment. "classy" it scares me to death" < f you Mizzou.

28. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Quick kick and can't we still drop kick?

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

was that paid or actual turnstile? I didn't see enough of the camera shots from the corners to see if there were actual butts in seats outside of the lower level.

30. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

If true, that would make the best-attended bowl game by far so far, by my lights. Most of the crowd shots I see in other bowl games they are lucky if they break 10k.