Texas vs OSU game thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Olehornfan, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

That was kind of expected. Case probably would have had one earlier if the ball hadn't been tipped.

2. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

McCoy should not be allowed to throw a sidelines pass. Dumb asa call

3. addicted to Horn

addicted to Horn 1,000+ Posts

If rumors are correct. Case just ended Mack's career at Texas.

This team cannot come back from 28-10 without a qb. Case has done his best but he can't throw more than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage.

4. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

Nice job by getting Bergeron hurt on a meaningless handoff at the end as well. Yep, this is the end for Mack indeed.

5. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

We may be in trouble. [​IMG]

6. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

Yep, why kneel the ball when you can let your back take one more hit? It's important to remain stupid at all times.

7. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

Rumors? Mack isn't leaving his post as Chief Snakeoil Salesman until his corpse is too brittle to prop up

8. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I cannot believe how badly Major has sucked today. That 1 minute drive's play-calling was incredibly stupid. Then a player mistake of not going out of bounds, another player mistake of a false start, and finally the INT under pressure. Exactly how NOT to play, if you want to win a game. I think Major ain't gonna get it done for Mack. Both needs to go if this is how we play inn the last 4 games.

We get an INT and can't catch it, and then throw one for a pick-6. What a way to give up 14 pts in a minute and half to end the half. Yuck.

9. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Don't forget that we were behind Oklahoma State in 2004 and 2005 and came back and won. Of course we had VY at qb.

10. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, that 2004 win was exactly what made me finally accept GD as one who might have it in him to take us to the promised land, if I remember correctly. If Major has it in him, let us see it today. Didn't we win like 50-30 or something in 2004?

11. Third Coast

12. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

We outscored OK State 49-0 after they went up 35-7 to start the game.

What a horrible ******* way to start the 2nd half. Our special teams has sucked this half of the season.

13. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

But a tough big catch by Davis and we go and score a 3. Again, Major is out of ideas once we are withing striking range. Who was it that said we are back to Akers years. It feels like that for sure.

14. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

That was a great drive that lost all its luster there at the end.

15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

What in the hell is Daje thinking by continuing to try and run it back from the end zone?

16. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

Major is as impressive as GREG DAVIS....let's throw across the entire field for 2 yards, again... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Major hasn't called a great game at all, but working with a basically legless, armless QB doesn't exactly allow you to open up the playbook. Case just can't get it done.

Additional note: what a dumb ******* call going after the block.

18. Third Coast

Mack has that glazed look again.

19. 1918Speedway

1918Speedway 250+ Posts

Any chance we see Swoopes? I mean, it can't get much worse.

20. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Turn out the lights! Meltdown alert and Hornfans going down imminent.

21. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Can you imagine what Baylor will do to us? Good Lord.

22. Third Coast

reality bites.

23. 1918Speedway

1918Speedway 250+ Posts

I think it's time to go to Tom Thumb. I need more beer. And cat food.

24. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

Case finally ran out of luck. What you see is what you get.

25. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Put in Swoopesto give him experience.

26. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Here's my Joey Harrington state the obvious moment: Case is falling apart before our eyes.

27. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Put in Swoopes to give him experience.

28. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

This is the dumbest our team has played all season, including the BYU game. Just mental mistakes galore in all three phases.

Major needs to start looking for a horizontal move to another program. Even if Mack returns, I doubt our failure of a RB coach will be calling the plays next year. I have yet to see anything creative or halfway competent from the offense except check-downs and blown-up screens. Oh, and a 3rd INT. Makes you long for Harsin, and that's saying something.

Without Whaley, there is no push from the line. Robinson was out of his element when it came to the running ability of Chelf. It was a lot like how NU got exposed by Garrett Gilbert in Lincoln in 2010. Except OSU has other players they trust to make plays.

Chalk this one up and move on. Play some Swoopes just for the hell of it.

29. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

Mack is going to be hardheaded here to the bitter end. I'd expect nothing less sadly. [​IMG]

30. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

He leaves Case in to run a running play and 2 check down plays to the RB. Can we just get a running clock and go full France?