Texas vs OSU - The Final Regular Season Game at FEC

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by TempestHorn, Feb 28, 2022.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

A couple of comments. The short TV outage wasn’t just LHN. All the ESPN stations were out for that time. Second…contrary to their viewpoints, those 3 seniors ARE special. Good kids and role models. When JAT says she’s just Regular Jo and doesn’t understand why kids look up to her, it’s testimony to her character. Scholar, mechanical engineer, giving everything her body has every minute of every game, tremendous attitude, body language, leader, teammate, coaches’ delight, and much more. Kids are seeing that. Ebo and Warren similar. They will have very soon that diploma and education and experiences that will always be with them. They got a lot, but gave more. Three very special ladies that set the foundation. In the future, looking back for them will be even better. Thanks JoAnne, Lauren, and Ashley.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Nice pictures in the online Statesman. Really sweet one of Audrey hugging a crying Joanne.

• Like Like x 3
  3. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

During the press conference, Vic was talking about Audrey and said something about missing the 10 minute threshold for substitution(?) and that he appreciated the other coach ignoring the rule. Can someone explain to me what he was referring to?

4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

He didn’t have Audrey starting (as per the recent usual) and realized she should start on Senior Day so he wanted to change it but it was technically too late.

5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Almost the same thing that started the whole Tech kerfuffle in Austin with the scorers’ table. Starting lineups have to be submitted more than 10 minutes from tip-off, sounds like Vic turned in his usual 5 (Shay instead of Audrey) and missed the 10-minute deadline to change it. Vic asked and Littell told him he was fine with the change.

• Like Like x 3
  6. hornhonker

hornhonker 100+ Posts

Not quite the same - Vic asked permission. Tech coaching staff yelled at scoring table staff

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I meant the rule was almost the same except half vs start of game. Agree with you about how it was handled.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I am really proud of the way those three answered the bell when we were struggling as a team earlier in the season, because they were struggling. As they have pulled it together so has the rest of the team. Very, very proud of all three of them. THAT is senior leadership!:hookem:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

So I always record the games that I attend in person and watch the replay. I *thought* I was being really smart and recorded the LHN replay as well to get those missing minutes of the original broadcast. Still missing. WTH?

It’s 2022 and there’s not even a missing Zapruder tape of the omitted minutes of this historic game? I’m surprised