Texas vs OU

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Jan 27, 2022.

1. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Ok. I took Moo's suggestion and downloaded Bally to my phone. Hulu was listed as one of the providers. When I tried to login with my Hulu account, I got a message back saying that "You don't have Live TV, yet."

2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Go to a bar/restaurant? most have all the sports channels
    It’s not how I like to watch a game admittedly

3. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

OMG, I hate Dan Hughes as an announcer. Besides being so obviously biased, he doesn’t do his homework about the visiting team. Wouldn’t it be apparent that there is a story about Moore being from Oklahoma but choosing to play for Texas? He has barely said a word about Rori and her abilities. Glad for the mute button.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I see we have another Tech like coach across the table with the dramatics

6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

To only be down by two after the first Qtr with 7 turnovers makes me happy and shudder simultaneously

7. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Okay what just happened?

8. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

A five-point technical. Come on Vic. Do better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Well, nothing like giving them five points at the free throw line on one play. Com 'on ladies!

10. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Good, lord...Robertson has 14 points already. Only halfway through the second quarter.

11. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

OU with the lead is dangerous. Frees them up to be more willing to gamble on 3’s. And they have some good shooters.

12. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

We're in a whale of trouble if we can't do better with Robertson and Williams. We need more pressure beyond the arc.

13. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Well I’m pleased with how we responded to that!

14. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Transition defense, turnovers, and body language is the reason we are down. Don’t know what’s going on with Matharu but her body language is just negative and she’s in her own head. After the sloppy play to only be down by 3 is pretty good.

15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Texas kept their composure for the most part with a nice offensive run and only 3 turnovers compared to 7 in the 1st Qtr

• Like Like x 1
  16. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

We’ll be fine. Halftime to settle back into the game plan, I expect we will cut the To’s and do better on TRob in the second half.

Will say this OU defense is better than anything I’ve seen them do all season. They’re keeping us out of the paint and seem to be closing out on our shooters pretty well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

I also think we’ll be fine. Still not pleased Vic gave OU five points but maybe he needed to make a point. The ref he was mad at has been terrible before. I hope we can start hitting a few three’s.

18. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Let's go AMoore! Stay aggressive.

• Like Like x 1
  19. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

These refs are awful.

20. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Vic gave em 2 points because he was complaining about the foul on the missed 3-pointer. They were getting three shots whether he got a technical or not so I’m disagreeing with this “gave away five points” narrative

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Put AMoore back in the game!

• Like Like x 1
  22. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Thank you Coach. Let's go AMo!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

That was a shot!

• Like Like x 1
  24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

You go on with your bad self Rori Harmon!

• Like Like x 1
  25. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

RORI! Yes ma'am!

• Like Like x 2
  26. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Matharu is still not playing her best game. Hopefully, she can shake off the heebie-jeebies this last period.

27. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Okay, here we go...giving it away in the fourth period! Three fouls in less than two minutes, Matharu close to fouling out, two turnovers and one missed shot.

28. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

I know coach has Hunter on a short leash but we need some outside shots to fall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Just can't seem to pull ahead. We get behind, we respond, they respond. And so it goes.

C'mon! Five minutes to keep the ball safe and get some shots to fall!!!

• Like Like x 1
  30. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Yep, Coach Vic says we're working our offense...not today. Warren, 4 fouls 4 points, Martharu, 9 points, 4 fouls, JoAnne only 4 points. And ALL those missed free throws!