Texas vs. Texas Tech

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DINO22, Dec 29, 2016.

1. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I noticed we started out the gate good.And then it changed, when the Sub's came in.
    I just do not understand why L.Higgs is not playing.

2. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Love J.Holmes game.
    Hookem'

3. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

B.Taylor played well tonight.Love the way B.McCarty played in the 2nd half.
    L. Higgs completely make Texas look like a different team.With her energy and play.
    K.Aston will eventually have to cut that rotation down.I think she played 10 or more player's tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

DINO22 --- I agree with all your comments. We looked good on the whole. Nearly everyone had some good moments. I love McCarty's and Sutton's floaters. I am in complete agreement about Lashann Higgs. I've expressed my opinion on this to the point that I'm a complete broken record. I may try to shut up about it after this comment. Nell Fortner has said twice now that the coach considers Higgs inconsistent. Well... I'm not sure I've seen a player on this team who isn't inconsistent and makes mistakes. Brooke would be the most consistent. As it is, I'm not sure Lashann is going to make any rotation that Aston puts together.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

My favorite number of the night? 12, as in turnovers.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Very nicely played game. Areas of improvement would be Three point shooting and mid range shooting. Perimeter defense needs improvement. Not worried...those things will take of themselfs.

7. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

I think everyone loves Higgs, including the staff. She is 6th on the team in minutes played per game, and 5th in scoring avg. So obviously she is seeing a lot of action, and contributing. She is one of seven who have played in every contest, and one of nine who have started at least one game thus far. And I don't necessarily agree that we should cut down the rotation, though there might be some opponents where that makes sense. Through 11 contests we've had 6 different players lead in scoring, and 7 lead in rbs. That is one of our strengths. Even the Tech coach commented after the game on how we keep players fresh by running them in and out.