TexasExes Membership Poll

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by TexEx96, Sep 10, 2020.

?

Are you considering canceling your membership to the TexasExes?

1. Already Canceled It

2. Definitely Yes

3. Leaning Yes

4. Leaning No

5. Definitely No

6. Never Had One

7. Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TexEx96

TexEx96 < 25 Posts

I mentioned in a previous post that I am considering canceling my membership to the TexasExes due to the University's support of and kowtowing to the Marxist, Anti-American black lives matter movement. The kowtowing includes, but is not limited to, the destruction or attempted destruction of University of Texas traditions (read: The Eyes of Texas), renaming of campus buildings deemed offensive by a vocal minority, removal of statues, etc.
    I don't take my decision lightly and it pains me that I'm even considering it - something I never would have imagined just 6 short months ago.

I would like to hear from you - my fellow Longhorns. If you currently have a membership to the TexasExes, are you considering canceling it due to the outrageous episodes of political correctness running amock on the Forty Acres?

Thank you in advance!

2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I am not canceling. I paid my dues. I'm in. Canceling membership doesn't help me or hurt them at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Agreed with Monahorns.

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah I’m not going to cancel my lifetime membership. I mean what for, they could care less. I only use the place for cooling off On the hot days, catch a game update on a screen, and to relieve myself in a clean bathroom as necessary. What good would cancelling do if years from now (if I’m still here) things changed and I wanted back in.

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I’ve been a Life member since I graduated. I will not give another penny to the university until drastic changes occur. Cancelling does nothing to hurt them or help me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Already cancelled. I don't need the stupid magazine and I don't want a bumper sticker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Lifer —so what’s the point in cancel.