Texassports.com needs new editor

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Statalyzer, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The Link

2. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Honestly, I have been bothered by the spelling and grammar errors on Texassports.com for a long time. It would be one thing if they were few and far between but sadly that is not the case. They are frequent and pervasive and have been happening for years. I can't remember how many times I have read an article and thought to myself, "how embarrassing." I realize articles are sometimes written and posted quickly but that's no excuse, and the quality is no better when the deadline isn't a factor. Perhaps times have changed and some people aren't bothered by these types of errors, but there are a lot of collegiate sports sites out there that do a much better job.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Could have been worse...a recent Opinion from the 13th Court of Appeals (Corpus) consistently mispelled laches -while the spelling they used might be expected from a lay person, it was quite comical coming from an appellate opinion citing long established legal doctrines...

Too many proof-readers nowadays have lost the fine art of actually proof-reading...

4. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

i was wondering when someone was going to start a thread on this topic. sometimes the spelling, grammar, and punction usage is embarassing. [​IMG]

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

6. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts