Thank You on behalf of my teammates

Discussion in 'Classics' started by J-Ko, Jul 18, 2002.

1. J-Ko

J-Ko First Time Poster

chris f---ing carmicheal. my hero

i'm not gonna lie. i had zero faith in this team to do anything this year, especially in the early going. im not one of those fans you were talking about. i sure as hell am now though. the heart and toughness the entire team showed was unreal. enough to make a football guy like me sit and appreciate a baseball game. who knew

mr. carmicheal, your homer was one of my top 5 all time favorite moments in ut history. good luck in whatever awaits you next

2. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

CC,

Congrats on the NC and the HR that really put em away. Thanks for stopping by and sharing w/ us. Hook'em

3. FoghornLonghorn

FoghornLonghorn 25+ Posts

Chris,

Thanks for the kind words and that homer damn near brought me to tears(okay maybe one got away [​IMG] ). I was so happy for you and the team. Thanks for the reply and luck to you. Again thank you for coming to The University and here's to a great post-graduation career in whatever field you choose.

FOG

4. BigOrange

BigOrange 100+ Posts

Congrats on an allsome season and everything else you accomplished while at UT. You guys sure were a blast to watch.

Good luck.

[​IMG]

5. SlappyHorn

SlappyHorn < 25 Posts

Now, that was classy. Chris, congrats. You deserve it. Thanks for representing our university with dignity and class and good luck in all your future endeavors.

6. Texcess

Texcess 25+ Posts

Chris, you and your teammates did each other, your coaches, The University, the city of Austin and the State of Texas proud. The NC is something no one can take from you, nor the memories from us.

Good luck to you and each of member of this special team in all future endeavors.

Hook'em!

7. CC: There was a guy at the CopperTank that would run around the bar each time a run was scored by the Horns. Your shot got me tired because I was yelling so much as I ran around. Oops, that guy was me! Thank you for choosing to come to Texas and adding to all that makes a great tradition.

You were easily one of my fave players and I was bummed you did not get much playing time for whatever reason. I was so glad that it was you that hit that shot and as weird as it sounds, I was not totally surprised by your homer. It was kind of like I knew you were due. Anyways, thanks for a great post.

Keep checking in on the board from time to time and good luck to all you do in life.

8. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

There's a video on here that shows the highlights of the CWS. I still get goosebumps watching your HR in the championship game.

Your perseverance is an example to all.

Hook 'em.

9. J.E.Mojica

J.E.Mojica 25+ Posts

Chris,

Being one of the guys here that does the baseball updates for our posters, I have to say that this season has been nothing short of amazing. I knew we were in store for something special all year, but didn't really know just how special till the regionals, in the first game vs Baylor. The way the team stayed calm, even though down in the early going, and then the comeback, really showed what the entire team is made of. I think we all got a sense, at that point, this team had what it took to bring home the national championship.

Thanks for paying the site a visit, and taking the time to post a note to us. I know it means a lot to myself and my fellow posters. You and your teammates have made us all very proud, and very greatful for the hard work and dedication you all have put in to represent our school with class, heart, and a will to win that would not be denied.

10. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

Chris, as the owner of HornFans, I can't even begin to tell you how much your post means to me. I try to have this place be a positive for you and your teammates, but I know that sometimes I fall short of that goal. Hearing firsthand that you and your teammates enjoy HornFans means the world to me.

This team was so special. You guys came together and you always believed. As one who braved the cold days in February through the hot ones in May, I am in awe of the hard work and determination that it takes to become the National Champion. It was an honor to be there with you in Omaha.

As an individual, I can't tell you how proud how I am of you. You exemplify what it means to be a team player. When your team needed you, you came through in a huge way under more pressure than I can imagine. You will always be a champion!

Thank you again for the post and for making the dreams of this Longhorn come true.

Hook 'em,
    Katy

11. CarKev14

CarKev14 25+ Posts

Great post, Chris--and more importantly, great finish to your career. Thank you for representing our University in such an outstanding manner.

Best of luck to you in the future!

12. Swam4Texas

Swam4Texas < 25 Posts

Hook 'em, Chris!
    By the way...who was the great fan who gave you your homerun ball back? That's an incredible story in and of itself.

13. LonghornEE72

LonghornEE72 25+ Posts

Chris:
    I loved watching this team play, starting about mid-year - before that I was worried. One thing I noticed was that everyone who got into a game, whenever they did, played like they belonged there. This team simply played baseball every game, every inning - you guys were relentless. I don't recall ever seeing a Texas team that played with such focus before. It was awe-inspiring.
    Two of my indelible memories from this year were your double down the right field line against Houston to put us up by a comfortable margin in the super-regional - I thought that was poetry, on several levels: senior, coming back from an injury, last home game, a trip to Omaha on the line, a player I wanted to see play more during the regular season - it was special. Then, you topped it with the homerun in the championship game in Omaha - another crucial, timely, run-scoring at-bat. I have those two plays like a video-tape in my head.
    My best wishes for you.
    And thanks for the memories.
    [​IMG]

14. hornFANtastic

hornFANtastic 100+ Posts

Thanks for sharing. The championship was special for all of us.

15. AugieBall

AugieBall 100+ Posts

CC, your homerun is one of the top 3-4 moments I have ever had as a sports fan. Thanks for the memories.

My number one moment, though, was Ontiveros' unassisted putout in the 9th. [​IMG]

16. TheRick

TheRick < 25 Posts

Chris the way you played in the NC was nothing short of STELLAR. You fulfilled a dream for so many with that homer. Thank you for being CLUTCH...your legacy will remain forever.

17. campwillben

campwillben 100+ Posts

That ball that you jacked out was just tremendous. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it. Best of luck to you in the future.

Hook 'em!

18. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

Chris and team,

A simple thanks for getting UT Baseball back to the position it belongs...the best in the country.

Here's to this championship being a springboard for the coming year!!

-R

19. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Chris,
    congrats on a great season and thank you so much for all those clutch hits including the HR and the hit against Houston. The team was amazing this year and I hope for the same success next year. Good luck in the future for you.
    Hook em

20. Jesus Christ! That post brought a tear to my eye! (no kidding)

Congrats CC and the rest of the team! You boyz put on quite a show in Omaha!

21. mary21

mary21 100+ Posts

To one of our many heros at the CWS. I think about all the baseball games I have been to, how exciting each was, and how each player pulled through when needed. I have NEVER seen a team with such dedication. You guys were so awesome in Omaha. I can't believe I almost missed going. I think about those games ALL THE TIME. I play the video often and it still brings tears to my eyes. I know you will succeed in your future just as you did in baseball. Please keep us "posted" as to what you are up to and where you are. Hopefully, you will attend some of the games so that we can again, shake your hand and hug you for an outstanding year.

22. Texas Horn

Texas Horn 250+ Posts

Without a doubt the best 1st post in the history of Hornfans. You're the man Chris. Congratulations on a great championship, great season and best of luck in wherever life takes you.

Hook Em

23. HornItUp

HornItUp < 25 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to post here. We as fans are all so proud of you and everyone on the team. We are also glad that you chose to become a Longhorn and become a part of our family. Best of luck to you in your future and congratulations on the championship and your degree.

24. TouchdownTexas

TouchdownTexas < 25 Posts

Best of luck Chris and thank you for your dedication to The University of Texas from someone who was more than choked up being in the stands that day.

25. The Captain

The Captain First Time Poster

Take away the wins. Take away the fun. Take away the glory........and I would still come to watch players like you. You are one of a kind. Best of luck to you, you will go far.

26. nycLonghorn

nycLonghorn Guest

Best 1st post ever! Congrats to you and the rest of the team. Hopefully this will rub of onto the DKR.

27. sasquatch

sasquatch < 25 Posts

This whole thread gives me goosebumps. Great post Chris.

28. Titan

Titan 100+ Posts

Wow, what a post...thanks for the good read, Chris. To you, and the rest of the Longhorn baseball team, I would just like to say thanks for making it so much fun to be a fan. Congrats on an amazing season and the NC...best of luck in the future and Hook 'em.

29. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Great first post, please dont make it your last. Comments from people in the know especially during baseball season help the rest of us wanna be's feel like we are "in the know". Feel free to log on next year and provide helpful comments, observations etc which I can tell you now will be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on graduating, your HR and the NC, good luck in all your future endeavors.

30. bosl

bosl < 25 Posts

CC

You are the f'n man...Thanks for taking the time to post..You and the guys came clutch when you had to...National Champs, baby...

Don't think we'll ever let anyone forget...