The battle to keep Perry's hands off of UT

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Texex81, May 7, 2011.

1. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Will You Let Perry Devalue a UT Degree

I did not go to a community college. I am a proud graduate of The University of Texas. I do not want my degree to be viewed as unworthy. I will write to the board of regents, Perry. What else can I do?

2. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Perry wants Affordable Education

Okay, isn't that the purpose of Community colleges? Why devalue UT?

At least someone is trying to stop him. Sadly it is with more government oversight.

3. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

There are a lot of people in government, be it at the local, state or federal level, who are widely viewed as "stupid" or "incompetent," but most are wrongly viewed as such because they simply pursue interests that are not the same interests they say they will pursue in office. Perry isn't one of those people. He really is a complete and utter moron. He's also a ***** for power. A stupid ***** for power is perhaps the most dangerous combination you can have in a governor.

4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I was flippng through channels and saw Rick Perry on screen sitting down for what looked like a serious interview. Alas, it wasn't a journalist asking him questions, it was televangelist James Robinson. To his credit, Perry seemed at ease and spoke his mind -- not that "oh my gosh why ya'll ganging up on me" look I usually see when the governor is interviewed. Alas, it was basically a lovefest. The only one who adressed the elephant in the room, harsh budget cuts for local school districts, was Robinson, who praised HEB School districts for being conservative and being prepared so they aren't a big deal for them. Perry spoke highly of the founding fathers, limited government and our straying from those principles, a turning point being when the federal government got the power to implement an income tax.

5. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

He's a cognac colored go go boot wearing fool.