The COWBOYS

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TigerPride, Dec 24, 2011.

1. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

THE SUCK

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Can't figure out why ya'll still watch them.

3. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

MASOCHISM

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

5. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

THAT LAST THIRD DOWN CALL WAS THE WORST IN HISTORY.

6. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

That's what you get for talking about those losers on this forum [​IMG]

7. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

I don't understand how anybody with an IQ larger than their shoe size could care about the Crygirls.

8. Third Coast

9. LonghornCatholic

They're fans.

10. Third Coast

What big feet you have grandma.

11. gemhorn

gemhorn < 25 Posts

This game is meaningless. When the Giants won the Eagles were eliminated. It is all about next week. Cowboys knew this going into the game that they were going to probably pull everyone out and tank the game.

12. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Well, if their mission was to tank the game . . . well done.

13. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I didn't watch the game........again.

14. LonghornCatholic

You forgot your emoticon.

Look Brother, I respect that you're a die hard fan. I'm a fan too, but that's why I can't watch them.
    My weekends are too damn precious to watch these guys do what they do.
    I'm not one that hopes they lose, I just expect them to. I'm happy when they win but just can't commit to them.

As a Longhorn, I'm all in. I didn't cash in my season tickets last year, or this year, but I don't have the same dedication to the 'Boys.
    I take no joy in the suffering of Cowboy fans.
    You're a much better fan (and according to you, hell of a lot smarter too), than I am, but forgive me for not sharing your devotion for the Dallas Cowboys.

And thanks for showering your brilliance on a message board.

15. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

16. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

to me, Ryan did himself no good today, the Boys didn't know the outcome of the G men game, and still gave up an easy 7 points to Philly.

If I'm Garrett, I tell Jerry to get rid of Ryan and guarantee me the first 5 picks are on D for next year, if he wants to win. - Think about it, the Cowboys need new starters at 3 or 4 DB, + at least one LB, and one DL.

Otherwise I'm just saving as much $ as I can and plan on my next gig, because the way things are going now, Romo is being wasted.

17. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

18. SectionThree

SectionThree 500+ Posts

H-D Rider expresses my feelings. When jones unceremoniously canned Tom Landry
    that ended my devotion to the Boyz. Since then we have seen jones continue his
    assinine ways that prevented me from any thoughts of going back. We have an
    egomaniac (razorback, too) in control of an iconic Texas institution and it sucks.
    Besides, it is so much easier to just keep allegiances to just one team (UT). I doubt
    that the boyz miss my clapping, anyway.

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

20. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

21. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

22. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

23. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

I just can't watch them anymore.

The Cowboys were a class organization before Jerry bought them. They've never been the same since (despite the Super Bowl wins). The "real" fans of the Cowboys are going top be disappointed when the Giants win easily and take the divisional title. (That's what Jerry gets when he hires from within.)

24. Xcalibur

Xcalibur 250+ Posts

25. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

This isn't a secret but some may not know it for whatever reason. I am a Redskins fan, tried and true. I am somewhat an expert on you guys who proclaim to be Cowboys fans. One reason I chose not to root for the Cowboys, being a Texan by birth is all in all it's a ****** fan base. That said, I respect the Cowboys and their TRUE fans. I almost feel dirty saying it but it's true.

Those of you that root and support your team whether they rattle off Superbowl wins in a row or don't win a playoff game in over a decade. Those that stand by it even though a jackhole owns the team (trust me, I know the feeling at times).

Those of you that are done with the team or cannot root for them now, you are not a fan of the Cowboys, only the winning Cowboys. Bandwagon, perhaps. It's not a bad thing either. You are not less of a person or football fan. You are just not the fan of the team you thought you were and that's okay. It should not lessen your enjoyment of the sport. But give respect to the true fans still defending their team, still rooting and feeling pain in the losses and joy in the wins.

Again, this is from a Skins fan and boy do I know ups and downs. I am proud of my team at the beginning of the year and proud at the end. I would prefer playoffs and maybe even a win (or two) a season v. you guys. I don't always get what I prefer. But I get to choose who to root for through thick and thin.

I respect you Cowboy fans, the real ones. May you be attacked by the locusts of the apocalypse. (there, is that better?)

26. Third Coast

I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan who has stuck by them through the good times and the bad. I didn't miss a game during the 1-15 season and could probably count the games I have missed since on my fingers - damn you NFL Network!

I have changed my perspective though, because the losses don't rock my world the way they used to. It's the same with the Horns disappointments over the years. They are after all, only games people play.

I have to admit that a silver lining to the losses is seeing the expression on Jerry's face at the end of the games they flitter away.
    Still, the Cowboys mean more to me that any one owner, or player. It is what it is and I am what I am - a Cowboys fan through it all.

27. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

We all see that Jerry needs to step down as GM and let a football make personnel decisions. But he has an over-inflated view of his football knowledge and doesn't have a clue on how to build a team. It's not just about talent like fantasy football but also how well the talent plays together as a unit.

While it was great for the Cowboys and their fans to win Superbowl XXX, it has seemed to have an unfortunate side effect. Jerry seems to think because he won a Superbowl with Switzer instead of Jimmy Johnson that it proves to himself he can run a team. Nevermind that nucleus was built by Johnson and they won inspite of Switzer's lack of discipline. I've never been a Cowboys fan, but I used to think they were a well ran franchise. Now they're a punchline.

28. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

interesting, just now on the ticket, Rick Gosselin, self-appointed draft guru, says he predicted before the season the Cowboys were an 8-8 team, and explained that for some reason, because of the way the draft was going, the 'boys decided to have a 3 year rebuilding plan, year one focus on drafting offense, year two is supposed to be on D.

I just looked and sure enough, 6 offensive players drafted in '11, but still there's a CB in there who is supposed to run a 4.4, so a total of 6 offense, 2 defense.

Rick said there are 2.5 good players on D; Ware, Sean Lee, and Ratcliffe.

So, with this draft, imo, assuming Rick's premise is correct, the entire draft needs to be spent on D, assuming the talent is there.

But the question obviously needs to be asked, what happens to these D players they draft?

this year, one played, Bruce Carter. The other, I've never heard his name before

"Round 5: Josh Thomas, CB, Buffalo

You guys are going to end up loving this pick. Mark my words: Thomas is going to be a starting cornerback in the NFL. He has average size (5’10”, 191 pounds) but good speed (4.4 flat)."

The Cowboys could have used that kind of speed the other day, for sure.

29. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts