The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

That sounds like the most plausible scenario. Their interaction certainly didn't start with the soda toss and hat grab. The hat grabber was certainly wrong. If they were both throwing shade then there is some culpability on both sides.

Unfortunately, this type of animosity is too common and exists on both sides.

Permit Patty and the 12yr old black boy that had a neighbor call the police or the Oregon politician going door to door that had the police called on her.

Lot's of civility missing these days.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  2. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

If the video does not show the racist comments than how do these Facebook posters know that it happened?

• Like Like x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently that is in dispute. The witness has recanted his story.

4. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I tell you; I must be a real chicken compared to all these people confronting everyone. Or maybe it's that I have too much to lose. I have my game plan for my kids and it all centers on my being a rational, responsible, employed adult day in and day out. My political beliefs are mostly displayed here. Otherwise I publish poetry and act like this guy:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seattle Husker

Live and let live. If someone decides to parade around in a MAGA hat that is their prerogative. I may immediately assume ignorance in that individual but I'll keep that to myself. Of course, I'd do that same for an dread-hed walking around with marijuana leaves blazing on their clothes. In either case I appreciate that these individuals want to wear their values on their sleeves as a badge of honor. It's a clear indication of someone I wouldn't want to befriend or enter into a deep conversation with.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

People are just crazy. Sometime back I pulled into the parking lot at VIA313 on 290/William Cannon and was almost hit head-on by a woman barreling around the parking lot. I didn't see her until the last minute. I slammed on my brakes and raised my arms kind of like in a "WTH" fashion. Just an instinctive reaction. I pulled into a parking place right in front of the restaurant and looked back at her. She had parked her car, got out and was heading my way! So I'm thinking fast here. She was on me before I knew it so I rolled down my window to listen to what she had to say which was, "Don't you ever yell at me again!" So I say something like, "Oh yeah, this was my fault." She shot me the bird and stormed off.

Now that's crazy for multiple reasons but she had no idea if I was an SOB or not. Luckily for her I'm not which is what my Dad once told me, "Son, your problem is your not enough of an SOB."

Ok... thanks Dad.

• Like Like x 5
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The problem sometimes is that the one's wearing the hat may have no idea what that really means (I'm not sure that I do) and further, no idea what has been imputed onto that word (MAGA is a word now I guess). It may be they have a general idea or their own definition of it. But by now everyone should know it is politically charged. Not that you shouldn't be able to wear it.

8. Seattle Husker

Agreed. The inverse is also true that they KNOW the perception of the meaning and wear it as a "poke in the eye" to any onlooker. Like many BLM extremists...they WANT to trigger their opposition. Triggering itself is a badge of honor. Heck, I'd argue that if you are filming the exchange and run and post it to the net there is a good chance you KNEW what was coming and it validated their perception of the opponent. In fact, if you can trigger the opponent you get treated as a "god" on sites like r/the_donald. I'm sure there are liberal sites like that as well. As a minimum, the left immediately jumps into supporting the victim (minority, youth, etc.).

9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

At a minimum, everyone knows MAGA = "I support Trump." It's the same as a bumper sticker such as "Reagan/Bush" or "McCain/Palin." It's a political statement of support. Now, to stand behind the word MAGA probably has become more charged for two or three reasons as I now think about it: 1) It is support for Trump who we know is probably more loathed by the Left than any President ever 2) It implies Obama made America worse 3) It begs the question of when exactly and why was America great? During the Jim Crow era? And if so it should be obvious that it wasn't great for everybody.

It seemed the kid was filming while being doused. Pretty handy with a camera there. And if they were mouthing off to one another prior to the incident then he's pretty brave because Kino (the guy who threw the drink) looked pretty stout to me not to mention his willingness to do that in a public restaurant. But it does seem the kid had time to cue up his camera and get it rolling. I know I would have had to fumble around and find my reading glasses to press the right buttons.

I guess we'll never know the truth of the moments prior to the film. But in the end, dousing someone with a drink and stealing their hat is not good however little harm it actually caused.

10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

The FB poster is an idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It seems that some may think I believe the post I put up. I don't believe the kids were hurling racist comments. My point, it's more fake news BS made up by a liberal that in her mind would justify this punk *** acting like that. Wish I had been there.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Iranian harassment of US warships:
    2015: 22
    2016: 36
    2017: 14
    This year: 0
    Source: U.S. Navy

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Red Hen shuts its doors to undocumented diners, turning away hungry children.
    No longer a supporter of open borders

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Seattle Husker

An interesting development in these filming incidents is that the aggressor is often getting fired for their interactions. Employers are fearful of getting caught by the shrapnel of a viral video. Is this a self policing mechanism that will force people to think twice about their actions?

Here is an example of a gentleman that took it upon himself to call the police because a black woman was using his community pool. He wasn't comfortable with the fact that she had the requisite key card being sufficient to allowing her into the pool thus felt the police needed to get involved.

Alas, the gentleman has been fired from his employer per thehill.com.

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

17. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

There was a President that called half of the citizens in the United States "the enemy":

Latino voters, the president said, would have an opportunity to send a message to Republicans, who Obama accused of “politicizing” immigration reform and the border security debate. Obama said “pressure has to be put on the Republican Party” if immigration reform is to become a reality.

And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder — and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2,” he said.

18. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You know the problem with assumptions, right? It is good you would keep it to yourself to avoid embarrassing yourself again.

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The media gleefully jumped all over the narrative that the MAGA wearing teen hurled insults at the adult( some on here as well
    This link points out only the teens and the adult were in the restaurant at the time.
    Plus the adult told the police;
    Jimenez said seeing the hat had the same effect on him that a Ku Klux Klan hood would have had."
    No mention of the teens using racist language toward him.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...rger-maga-hat-attack-teen-victims-as-racists/

Some media kinda retracted , most didn't.

btw thinking the vid of it being convenient pay attention to ANY teen with their cell
    and then tell us it is unusual for a teen to be able to instantly capture anything on their cell.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Yep. Typical. Post picture on the cover of an iconic magazine and ask questions later. Get the accusation out there. Muddy the waters. Refuse to admit the truth.

It's ridiculous. Kino is one guy. A loser. Why stand up for him? It's just sick.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A good Supreme Court nominee anecdote from Ted Cruz' book "A Time for Truth."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

This won't be touched by the MSM. Trump marchers kick out the white nationalists trying to join their protest.

• Like Like x 1
  25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's my opinion that Republicans have to be forced to care about the environment. This guy doesn't sound like the type who will lean in that direction. That's just my opinion.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s not about caring, it’s about ending regulatory abuse by career bureaucrats who use sloppy science that can’t be replicated or reviewed to force new and unnecessary regulations on industry.

• Like Like x 1
  27. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Bystander, you might want to take a look at some of the regulations the EPA wanted to put into effect regarding "wetlands" during the Obama administration to understand where mchammer is coming from. There has to be a balance to offset the idiots on both sides of the environmental argument.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ruth Baby interview in 2012 by Egyptian TV
    Would she recommend the US Const?
    Nope
    Her first recommendation was RSA (which today is a disaster)
    Then, of course, "look to Europe"

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump was recently asked if he thought Amy Barrett had enough experience as a judge in only 7 months to serve on the Supreme Court and he replied

“That’s seven months more than Elena Kagan had”

• Like Like x 2
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts