The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Employment rose by 2.5 million jobs in May
    The jobless rate fell to 13.3%
    Cable news is pretty unhappy about it
    They were pining for the predicted 19.5%
    They want you to suffer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

On Twitter, in response to the good news, Paul Krugman said Trump and his people have deliberately corrupted the Bureau of Labor Statistics. LOL!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe it was the Russians!?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

After I typed that, I realized if Krugman went on CNN and said it, they would believe it and the House Ds would begin impeachment again

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Unemployment will drop substantially as the liberal mayors finally release their cities from economic chokeholds. Nashville, largely entertainment and hospitality, is being strangled by a willfully ignorant liberal. Could have gone to phase 3 this week, but stayed at phase 2 for safety. This is the same guy tweeting that everyone should go out and join the protests.:brickwall:

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Trump ordering a major troop reduction in Germany. Link.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Did @Htown77 ghostwrite Bolton's new book? Link. He tears her a new one and says Rex Tillerson called her a c**t to her face. That's pretty rough.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently Bolton didn’t like Rex either to write an obvious lie. Okay I see in link he supposedly heard this from Trump.

10. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

And here I was ready to dismiss Bolton..... he may be a good guy after all :smile1:

I have always felt Haley was only interested in her personal political ambition. In her defense.... is there anyone left not that way? Rand Paul? Bernie? Yes, Bernie has said the same stuff and has not changed in his entire career. He has been willing to be politically isolated to stick to his guns. What is scary is the democrats moved so far left, Bernie went from some outlier loon to getting significant support.

Also, who else remembers the first 100 days?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Even South Korea is calling Bolton a liar.

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yet he will sell books which is his ONLY aim. It is so funny to see the Dems all wee wee'd up that he waited to release his book.

13. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

It is symptomatic of Trumps lack of grounding that he picked Bolton to begin with. One of the few things about Trump that I applaud is his talk loud and keep the powder dry attitude. His talk is bellicose but his actions have resulted in a lot less people getting killed. Which is why warmonger Bolton hates him and is trying to unseat him. I think he put off publishing so he could do the maximum damage in the election

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think he hated the Ukraine fiasco. However, he also knew that Schiff was an incompetent partisan tool, so he didn't want to help him out.

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Bolton is a real villian. He wanted to go to war with Iran, which would have meant war in several places in the ME, Syria, Iran, and Yemen.

Now that he is selling out shows that he has no real principle. He is using negative popular opinion of Trump and Trump's conflict with the Deep State to gain popularity and money. Remember the Left hated Bolton back in early 2000s when he worked for Bush. He was absolutely hated.

Bolton is the very definition of a sell out. A warpig sell out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not following your logic. How is he selling out his principles? Because he's selling a book or because he's going after Trump?

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

He is selling out in the sense that he is doing the bidding of his former enemies in order to gain money and popularity.

The same people that hated him are now lauding him and paying him money.

He isn't selling out his principles. He has consistently been a war pig.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't think he's doing it for popularity or money more than anyone else who writes a book. I think that after working for Trump, he has decided that Trump is worse than a Democrat on foreign policy. I don't think he cares very much about other issues.

He's not going to gain much, if any, popularity for this. Some liberal commentators will cite his book to rip on Trump, but he'll always be a villain in their eyes. He's not like a Mitt Romney who can ideologically morph.

And as I've said before, I'm not a John Bolton fan. Never have been.

20. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Because Trump won't declare war on the countries on Bolton's list. Or any other country, for that matter. Bolton is a war monger.

21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I agree with both of you. What does that say about the Democratic Party?

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7-2 vote
    Asylum-seekers are not entitled to habeas corpus
    Reversed the 9th Cir, again
    This is a big win
    Judges matter
    Department of Homeland Security v. Thuraissigiam: Supreme Court Opinion

" .... Amid a surge of illegal immigration of Mexican citizens at the southern border in the mid-1990s, Congress created a new method for CBP to respond to the influx of immigrants it was arresting, allowing the agency to deport select immigrants within days instead of spending weeks or longer in detention. The process of “expedited removal” allowed federal law enforcement at the country’s borders to return anyone to their country who had been arrested within 100 miles of the border within the past two weeks for illegally entering the U.S. Immigrants eligible for expedited removal would no longer be given the right to counsel, a full immigration hearing, or the ability to appeal a decision.

“The expedited removal process provides drastically truncated administrative procedures, and virtually no judicial review of purely legal claims, and even of claims that the removal would violate the Constitution,” ACLU lawyer Lee Gelernt wrote in a brief for the case.

Expedited removal was largely used for Mexicans who had been arrested trying to enter the U.S., but it was not intended for asylum-seekers. When Thuraissigiam did not pass the CBP officer’s credible fear interview, which is the first step in making an asylum claim before a federal immigration judge, he was slated to be returned to Sri Lanka quickly, unable to appeal the low-ranking officer’s decision...."

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont really have a good thread for this and its not worth a new one
    But this decision is pretty stunning -- I admit Ive wondered about this issue or this sort of issue before. FWIW, I agree with the decision but its a tough call

• Hot Hot x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This has been going on forever - not new. I read about this happening decades ago.

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The issue of the constitutionality of it has never been addressed

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What if the practice of sheriffs requiring loyal deputies is older than the constitution?

27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Hey, guys. Remember when Trump was censored on Twitter for saying mail-in ballots are opportunities to cheat?

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Const is the law of the land

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Tough break

• Like Like x 2
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4.8 M jobs created in June, blasting expectations (by 2 million)
    Unemployment rate dropped to 11.1%, lower than expected.

• Like Like x 2